• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

The main thing with an Outlaw in my experience, is to find one with a mild dome. The flat ones tend to be glideless pigs. They'll fight the wind but they won't fly that far. Most heavy pinnacles, glows, and legends mold up pretty flat so you're likely to get a dud if you buy it blind.

Icon/Sparkle tends to have slightly more dome, especially as you go down in weight. 170-172 Icon is the sweet spot IMO for a "typical" OS workable Outlaw. Upper 160's in all plastics will be less stable and will go very far.

Best is to buy in person or somewhere like OTB that rates the dome. I've had good luck with Outlaws in the 3-4 range on their dome scale.

I got 2 icon outlaws in the infinite boxes and they look like a faster profile of Simons new Tilt. Super, super flat and they look like they will be really nice for power forehands.

Has anyone else run across some super flat Outlaws?

I got 2 icon outlaws in the infinite boxes and they look like a faster profile of Simons new Tilt. Super, super flat and they look like they will be really nice for power forehands.

Yes, buddy is an Outlaw whore. None looked nor flew nearly as overstable as that Stego wannabe regardless of how flat they were. Fluke pop tops included. YMMV

I really like the Outlaw. It has kicked the Destroyer out of my bag. I do think the Destroyer has more skip when thrown on the right surface.

Yes, buddy is an Outlaw whore. None looked nor flew nearly as overstable as that Stego wannabe regardless of how flat they were. Fluke pop tops included. YMMV

Unjust hot two sneaky test throws in and they went 425+ into a headwind. I think these will be quite fun.

My flat Icon Outlaws are less stable than my Icon Poppy tops. I like them for no wind backhand hyzers out to 400 and beefy forehands up to 300ish.

Are these the flat Icon Outlaws you guys are referencing?

Just traded for a unthrown Icon Outlaw with a 2022 tourney stamp (don't know what year the plastic is though) and a used 2018 Pinnacle. They could NOT be more different. I have never seen such disparity within a mold. They might as well be different discs. I have no problem with this if this is normal and I can make use of Mr Beef. The Icon might have the highest PLH/flattest profile I've ever seen in a driver. Is this normal? Haven't thrown it yet but I'm assuming it's beef and it's what's for dinner. I see a future as my super OS driver because it feels incredible. Id like to get one in Icon that's a little more like my Pinnacle and Legend, however. The PLH difference between the Icon and my Legend/Pinnacle is utterly outrageous, check the pic.

Can anyone tell me more about this crazy high PLH FAF Icon? Is this typical? How does it fly? Is it a specific run? Are there new low PLH domey Icons or do I need to hunt an older run?

Thanks!

P.S. The 169g 2018 Pinnacle is an absolute gem. Stupendous flight (helps when they're used a bit) and an even better feel. Is 2018 considered 1st or 2nd run? How does one tell? I'm falling head over heels for Legacy so I need to get up to speed!

Attachments

• 20221106_140137.jpg
    20221106_140137.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20221106_132931.jpg
    20221106_132931.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20221106_010450.jpg
    20221106_010450.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Too quiet in the Outlaw thread. Here's something to chew on... What are, in your opinion, the most OS and US Outlaw runs in each plastic?

Too quiet in the Outlaw thread. Here's something to chew on... What are, in your opinion, the most OS and US Outlaw runs in each plastic?

I think part of the problem is that Legacy quickly shifted from 'normal' stock runs to almost completely boutique type runs of all of their discs. There are so many different runs and plastics that only the most hardcore Outlaw fans would be able to catalogue all of the info you're asking about...

I haven't thrown them in a while, but most OS to least, imo: 3R pinnacle > 1~2R Pinnacle, stock Icon

I think part of the problem is that Legacy quickly shifted from 'normal' stock runs to almost completely boutique type runs of all of their discs. There are so many different runs and plastics that only the most hardcore Outlaw fans would be able to catalogue all of the info you're asking about...

I haven't thrown them in a while, but most OS to least, imo: 3R pinnacle > 1~2R Pinnacle, stock Icon

Hey I'm still acquiring old Legacy, but you raise a valid point for newer stuff.

The Vengeance needs more love