• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The lost art of course reviewing

See that wasn't so bad. You've even managed to review every course you've played too, very impressive. :p

Yeah. I don't have a clue how to mark any courses here that I've played. While my number of courses pales in comparison to some of the people around here I have definitely played more than a couple of courses.

Yeah. I don't have a clue how to mark any courses here that I've played. While my number of courses pales in comparison to some of the people around here I have definitely played more than a couple of courses.
Go to the course info page for the course, and there will be a button that says "Mark as Played". Click it and you're done!

When on the "course info" tab. click "mark as played"
The image below is what i currently see, as i haven't played this course... yet. If i were click to "mark as played", the letters will change to an orange color

edit: sorry for the double post. I didn't realize shadrach had responded while i was composing my message

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
i meant it in a serious tone

what is the worst iowa dg area

For me the "worst" area us just where there are fewer courses. There are vast spaces is NE. Not many in far SW or along the IA/MO border. Still working on areas, just can do less in a day due to the drive time. North central still has courses I enjoy playing, as does much of the state with over 330 courses. Just some pockets of long distances in between. More being added all the time, though...

In the Upshot Lake Marshall preview, go to 8:20-sorry don't know how to link. Great plug for DGCR specifically. Y'all got to hear this! And the Lake Marshall course overall is well spoken of.

This is awesome hahaha

In the Upshot Lake Marshall preview, go to 8:20-sorry don't know how to link. Great plug for DGCR specifically. Y'all got to hear this! And the Lake Marshall course overall is well spoken of.

Yes, nice shout out to DGCR from Charlie. :thmbup:

Kudos to our own John Biscoe for designing what everyone's saying is a kick ass course!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

When on the "course info" tab. click "mark as played"
The image below is what i currently see, as i haven't played this course... yet. If i were click to "mark as played", the letters will change to an orange color

edit: sorry for the double post. I didn't realize shadrach had responded while i was composing my message

attachment.php

Go to the course info page for the course, and there will be a button that says "Mark as Played". Click it and you're done!

Thank you.

I'm sure I'm missing some but at least I marked 46 of them as played.

Thank you.

I'm sure I'm missing some but at least I marked 46 of them as played.

no problem. only 4 more courses and you'll get the bronze level bagger medal.
I hope you post a few more from the Denver area. I'm going to speak for all us baggers. We all want to visit Denver, and a fresh perspective from that area is always welcome. :)

Kudos to our own John Biscoe for designing what everyone's saying is a kick ass course!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Make that THREE kick ass courses at Lake Marshall. :D

Bunch of traveling disc golfers came through to play the Lake Marshall courses, along with other local notables (Whippin Post/Woodshed, Muddy Run, Iron Hill, Faylor Lake, Blockhouse, etc.). More than 4,000 courses played total for the group. :eek:

General impression seemed to be that Lair is a fantastic course, but Lions is next level.

Also keep an eye out for Forest Valley, another Biscoe-designed course. Just opened to the public when we played so it still needed tee signs and whatnot. But the course is on an amazing tract of hilly wooded land, already a blast to play, and will only get better. :D

no problem. only 4 more courses and you'll get the bronze level bagger medal.
I hope you post a few more from the Denver area. I'm going to speak for all us baggers. We all want to visit Denver, and a fresh perspective from that area is always welcome. :)

Pro tip for anyone coming to the Denver area- if you have the time it's well worth focusing your efforts on courses outside the Denver area.

Courses like Bailey, Beaver Ranch, Wondervu, and Ghost Town are a reasonable drive from Denver and worth the trip to play.

I don't even understand why a certain troll is here. He doesn't like the site. The MODs are all out to get him. He only wants to bitch about it. Such wasted energy..... (Hmm...I rated a Houck course a 4.0 and my review is still there...)

May be hard for you to understand, but that certain troll actually likes this site quite a bit. That certain troll has been posting reviews here possibly before you were even born. That certain troll is disappointed in the quality of the moderation as of late and that certain troll actually had to appeal to the owner of this website to investigate the actions of the moderators who attempted to ban this certain troll for life for reasons they refused to explain. We know that that certain troll isn't the only one that these moderators have banned on a whim. We know that these moderators repeatedly deleted a newbie's attempts to give his valid opinion on Flip City.

While the moderators claim to value diversity above all else, their demonstrated actions prove they do not value diversity of opinions. The very core of this website is opinions. And if you don't allow everyone to post their opinions, you end of with a biased, misleading, and less-accurate website, which is not the goal.

A certain troll actually cares a lot more about this website than you know. This certain troll has written over 100 reviews of under-reviewed courses and updated course information at dozens more. Does that really look like someone who hates this website to you? Perhaps that certain troll is the only one who dares to speak up about the mods when they can ban him at any time just for expressing his opinion that they are changing the site into one where only certain opinions are allowed. But if that certain troll doesn't speak up then the mods will probably just keep banning people until there's no one left to write those sub 4.5 reviews of Houck courses.

Maybe our only hope is for Elon Musk to offer Tim a billion dollars to sell the website and clean house.

^"We" don't know that mods deleted course reviews. I think it's been made clear numerous times that mod powers are confined to the forums. I'm pretty confident that any review deletions were done by Tim personally.

With no snark intended, thanks for your contributions to the review side of the site.

Pro tip for anyone coming to the Denver area- if you have the time it's well worth focusing your efforts on courses outside the Denver area.

Courses like Bailey, Beaver Ranch, Wondervu, and Ghost Town are a reasonable drive from Denver and worth the trip to play.

this is very true. I haven't lived in the area in 4 years but the courses in the "Denver area" aren't even in Denver-proper - they're very spread out and most of them have an urban feel to them, aside from a view of the Front Range to the west. You have to realize that today the "Denver area" is more like the Denver/Golden/Boulder metro area. Several courses, some better than others.

Like Ray said, you've gotta drive a bit outside of Denver to get to what one would consider a "Colorado Course", but they're all worth it. THE road trip in my opinion would be to start in Estes Park (west of Ft. Collins) at the YMCA there. Head south on 119 to Wondervu and then to Central City and hit Ghost Town (with crazy mountain views/driving in between, including Longs Peak). Not sure that it can be done in one day but I think it'd be fun. From Ghost Town it's not far from the Conifer area where Beaver Ranch/Bucksnort/Bailey lie.

. . . But if that certain troll doesn't speak up then the mods will probably just keep banning people until there's no one left to write those sub 4.5 reviews of Houck courses.

Just for the record: my 2.0 review of Houck-designed Fair Oaks Ranch remains, along with several other 2.5 to 3.0 reviews. No bans that I am aware of. So far, anyway. ;)

My understanding is that park folks added benches in the fairways after the course was completed, and that a redesign is in the works. But a neighborhood niner was never going to be 4.5 rated, nor should it be.

Anyway, carry on. And I also appreciate your reviews. :)

Latest posts