• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Mecca of Disc Golf

hendersondayton

Eagle Member
I have seen a lot of people say their city is the Mecha of disc golf. The place everyone wants to go. The Road trip everyone wants to take. In my opinion it is more than just the NUMBER of courses within 25 miles, it is the number of QUALITY courses within 25 miles.

Reply to this post with your city (include the zip code) and the number of courses rated 3 or higher.

I will kick us off:

Dayton, Ohio 45324
Number of courses 3 or higher within 25 miles: 11

It's Ohio dude. Nobody WANTS to go there. It's like Michigan, or maybe even Iraq. We don't care how many good courses you have.

I'd walk to CA, TX, TN, OR, WA or even MA before I pay to go to Ohio.

Sorry, but I grew up in Syracuse and lived in Jersey. I know SUCKS!

Highbridge is the ultimate disc golf mecca. 3 courses on the top 20 list in one location. And there will be a fourth once the Bear is finished and reviews are updated.

Are there cool restaurants, hotels and brew pubs close by?? That is key.

Mecha?

mecha-streisand-picture_435x326.jpg

Are there cool restaurants, hotels and brew pubs close by?? That is key.

by highbridge? There isnt really anything close by. It's in the northwoods of Wisconsin. I'm sure there's some taverns, but probably not a brewpub.

Think camping in northern Wisconsin. BYOB.

by highbridge? There isnt really anything close by. It's in the northwoods of Wisconsin. I'm sure there's some taverns, but probably not a brewpub.

Think camping in northern Wisconsin. BYOB.

One of my best friends is a bartender at South Shore Brewery (Deepwater Grille) in Ashland.

Ashland is probably 20+ miles from the courses though. I didnt really count that as close by.

There is a nice collection of gentlemens clubs in Hurley which is also about 20 miles away.

96160 Lake Tahoe.... multiple courses with everything else you need restraunts,breweries,camping, scenery. The NT is coming to town this summer so things are looking good for Tahoe dg. We just got this course in 2 days before the snow came. 3 niles from my house. Elevation on evry single hole.http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4264
and the others close by to this new gem.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4052
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1618
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=874

i like MN 55076, the options- play on the prairie or in a river valley! we have flat courses- hilly courses- million dollar bryant lake course- or the best model for all future courses "blue ribbon pines!"
BRP has a clubhouse in the middle of the course, beer and munchies, a driving range and LADIES NIGHT/DAY THURSDAYS! alright giggity giggity

come on up, send the family to the mall of america and enjoy the state of discing/hockey!

As soon as (if ever) Castle Rock opens we'll have an even more compelling argument. I do very much enjoy MN disc golf any time of year.

I didn't know about ladies night... I may have to check that out!

Well I see this thread is going to be another episode of "My home courses are the best in the world. Disc golf sucks everywhere else despite the fact that I haven't been to too many anywhere elses. I'll just out of context some data to make my home area look like a DG Shangri-la, despite the fact that its pretty vanilla. I rule."

Zip code 67501. 2 courses within 25 miles. 1 quality by the OP's definition. But who cares. I don't see it as a mecca, nor the one quality course (a 3.25) as quality.

And sorry, but I tend to think "quality" courses tend to be found most often where you find them in quantity. I'd much rather take a trip to an area with a lot of 2.5 - 4 courses where I can get some play time in, than one with a few 4+ ones that are constantly crowded.

25 miles is too small of a radius anyways. Shoot, I can probably reach courses 75 miles from my house faster than some of you can get to one in the 25 range.

Hasn't this already been decided in another thread?

Austin, TX has the most "quality" courses, with Minneapolis, MN coming in at a close second.

Minneapolis edges out Austin in total courses however, making it a draw.

Latest posts