• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The most played course in America

Awkward Accountant

Bogey Member
I am awaiting a reply from udisc to see if they would be able to provide statistics of this.

Where is the most played course in America?

I personally think it may be Johnny Roberts DGC in Arvada CO. It is a short par 3 course with constant heavy traffic. It is common to see a 20 person line. On top of that, there are I believe 3 glow leagues which on Fridays have around 100 players.

Where do you think the most played course is?

That's pretty heavy traffic. I'd probably avoid a course like that myself :)

Remember that Udisc (or any other app, including this site), will only be accurate as to the number of players who use their app at that course. That's a small fraction of the folks who play.

I am awaiting a reply from udisc to see if they would be able to provide statistics of this.

Where is the most played course in America?

I personally think it may be Johnny Roberts DGC in Arvada CO. It is a short par 3 course with constant heavy traffic. It is common to see a 20 person line. On top of that, there are I believe 3 glow leagues which on Fridays have around 100 players.

Where do you think the most played course is?
This article has UDisc's best answer to your question. It looks like Johnny Roberts is very close at #2.

Like the others said, that isn't a complete answer to the question since not all disc golfers use UDisc. But there probably isn't any other better answer.

The other guess I had was Creekside in Salt Lake City. I played that course at like 9am on a weekday and had multiple groups waiting on the first tee pad.

I would also guess Morley. From what I've read and the lack of quality courses in the area plus the population. Also anecdotal evidence: I traveled to San Diego in March 2013 for work and had a morning free. Thought great, opportunity to check out this course I've heard so much about. Well arrived 9am Wednesday morning and the course was packed plus 3 groups of 4 or 5 waiting to tee. Didn't have time for that unfortunately.

Johnny Roberts was packed when I played it. I didn't have to wait it line luckily, but I can see why it's so popular.

I'd have guessed Morley as well for #1.

Having played Morley Field a couple dozen times when I was out there visiting family it was my guess as well. I got to play Morley twenty years ago when it was virtually empty. In the day time, and it wasn't raining. I can hear the locals saying <cough> bullsh*t! We flew out there the day the Cedar fire started in October of '03, the city and the course were deserted. We were there on a Tuesday with maybe a dozen or two other folks playing in surgical masks due to the ash in the air from the fires

Last edited:
Morley Field in San Diego would be my guess.
Agreed with everyone about Morley. I think one time I played it mid-afternoon on a weekday it was a bit slower, but it's usually packed and there are not great options nearby.

One time when we were playing there we asked a group to play through because they were routinely screwing around and just not making progress and, well, it was slammed. They ultimately let us but not without being really pissy about it. I think that's the only time in almost 20 years of playing this sport someone had an issue with a faster group playing through - but I guess if they were respectful they wouldn't have been holding up multiple groups to begin with (I'm not talking due to slow play, more like sitting around and NOT playing while people were waiting).

UDisc does not have this information. Most players do not use UDisc to score rounds.
They captured some info via volunteer surveying in Fall 2020 and produced a 20% estimate of all rounds captured w/ UDisc. They did provide a U.S. map graphic in this report showing each state with different ratios captured (MA/ME >40%, WI/OH ~40%, CA/CO/TX/MI/MN/IA >30%, NC/SC/GA >20%, KS/MO/IL/FL ~20%). Maybe these ratios have trended up a bit since 2020 with shedding some of the more casual pandemic players leaving more keeping UDisc rounds.
This article has UDisc's best answer to your question. It looks like Johnny Roberts is very close at #2.

Like the others said, that isn't a complete answer to the question since not all disc golfers use UDisc. But there probably isn't any other better answer.
Only showing the top course for each state in the UDisc ranking so Johnny Roberts might be outplayed by some other California course(s) as well (Golden Gate Park, Oak Grove, La Mirada, & DeLaveaga etc..). See their note just prior to the table:
  • The table is organized from the most played to the least played course, but...
  • ... don't forget that the stats include only the top course from each state. Because some states have multiple courses with more plays than the top course in other states, no course's position in the table – other than #1 – is guaranteed to reflect its overall popularity as compared to all courses in the United States.

Last edited:
Not USA, but here are some of the stats about Estonia's most popular courses.

Here in Estonia and in multiple other European countries we use DiscGolfMetrix to keep score. "Rounds played" is public info, here are the stats dating back from today to 12th December 2022.

1702198057362.png

For example, Estonia's busiest courses usually get around 13-16K rounds per year and I think around half the people don't even keep score if not more.

In fact, during summertime the Kurna disc golf course (one of my home courses), is pretty much a "no-go zone" after 3-5 PM for me, because there are just WAYYYYY too many people. Usually 5+ groups waiting on the first pad + every teepad full of players.

And I've heard that it's even "worse" in Finland, especially in the Helsinki area. People waiting for hours just to play a round... Even though there are plenty courses, around 850 courses in Finland and 250 in Estonia, it goes to show that disc golf is very popular in both countries and there are just too few courses near the big cities.

Here are the 2022 Estonia's most played disc golf courses:

1702198585233.png

In addition, plenty of Estonians and Europeans use UDisc and I think Finns and Swedes even have their own scoring systems, so a lot of data across multiple platforms, but nobody is putting it all together and showing it as one. Hence the reason why most of the bigger European disc golf countries don't show up on the UDisc stats.

For example, Valbyparken Disc Golf in Denmark is one of the busiest courses in the world, around 41K rounds back in 2022.

PS! Fun fact! Europe had 20 120 active PDGA members at the end of 2022, 21.3% growth rate compared to 2021.

Here's "Disc Golf Seasonality in Estonia from 2017 to 2022".

1702198333421.png

Estonia's Disc Golf in Numbers (2022):

1702198396767.png

If you like to read more about Estonia's & Europe's disc golf scene, check out this blog post - Estonia's Disc Golf in Numbers (2022) | Disc Golf Fanatic

UDisc list of the most popular disc golf courses in every country: 2022 - The Most Popular Disc Golf Course In Every Country: 2022 | Release Point - The UDisc Blog

Attachments

• 1702198562968.png
    1702198562968.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I haven't played Morley but have Johnny Roberts and it was pretty busy with both peds and golfers. Beautiful course but not in my top five played.

I haven't played Morley but have Johnny Roberts and it was pretty busy with both peds and golfers. Beautiful course but not in my top five played.
Same. I played it back in 2012 before they shortened it, and it was jam packed busy with groups on every hole even back then. It's a little pitch and putt, and while I love pitch and putts, it's nowhere near a "great", or even "really good" course, and anyone giving it a 4 or above is a total homer review. That being said, it was a fun course and it was cool to join the party of locals. Colorado Heights (R.I.P.) absolutely blew it away though on my trip through that area.

I have a little bit of perspective from playing Morley, Johnny Roberts, and two of the other busy CA courses mentioned by @CD (La Mirada and Oak Grove). Morley is the worst imo. One time, a 6:30 AM round on a Thursday morning at Morley was comparably crowded to my 3:00 PM on a Sunday afternoon at Johnny Roberts. Similar also in that they are both pleasant but not fantastic courses.

Hazel Landing doesn't surprise me as Indianas most played. It's a great course just north of Indy.

Reading this made me realize how spoiled I am. My two main courses I play I'm typically the only person there for disc golf

Latest posts