• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Moving Basket

What if your lie is within the radius of the arm? You're playing hopscotch AND putting.

Is the 10 meters added to the radius of the arm, or is there a possibility of stepping into the putt as the basket moves away from you?

I wouldn't mind this in something like the Tiki course at Blockhouse :thmbup: but not on a real course. :thmbdown: What's next windmills and screens that force bank shots.

I think I might try and build one.
I just need to find the right batt. Powered motor.
Make it so you pop the basket out of the anchor, then put the motor assembly in to the anchor, reinstall the basket into the motor assembly.
If done right, the arm would just pin on to the motor, so it would be fairly portable.

You're OB if you land inside the circle. ;)

Where do you mark if you land on top of the basket?

Covered:

A. The thrown disc establishes a position where it first comes to rest.
B. A disc is considered to be at rest once it is no longer moving as a result of the momentum imparted by the throw.

So, mark on the playing surface under where the disc first landed on the basket. Then, get your head out of the way!

I wouldn't mind this in something like the Tiki course at Blockhouse :thmbup: but not on a real course. :thmbdown: What's next windmills and screens that force bank shots.

I'm not personally opposed to screens or nets as agents that can redirect a shot on purpose or accidentally. I've only seen one, whose main purpose is to protect against throwing into a parallel road. I think it could add another factor of interest and test of skill to be able to throw a shot that "rolls" on a vertical net.

I suppose I might be opposed to mandatory bank shots as you describe, based on the design.

Haha my wife just shared this with me. Not a fan though, at least for actual courses.

You don't need to be a facebooker.....just click the link and you can see it

funny idea

Well, technically, they might have Facebook blocked (like we do at work...which is ironic, as the sign in front of our building invites folks to see us on FB...but I digress)

In lieu of an image, how bout a description? The basket is on a metal arm extending 4-6 feet out from the sleeve position, and apparently is pushed, carousel style, so the center pole of the basket rotates around in a 10 foot circle, so that you have to putt at it as it moves.

Latest posts