• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The MVP Spin is the Comet of putters..

Is the Spin the Comet of putters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, I've got a lot more time in with my Spins, including adding an R2 and a Proton Spin for throwing.

I can see why people say they fly like a Comet, and with the APX out of production they might be the closest to a "putter Comet" on the market, but they still differ quite a bit from the real deal.

The Spin, when thrown straight, flies like a Comet on a straight shot. A small turn, a good straight flight, and a gentle fade. Where it differs is when you want it to turn. If I want a right turn, I would throw an electron Spin, because the premium ones wouldn't turn as far as I typically want from that shot. When I want a left turn, I'm really limited on the amount of power I can put into the shot, because any substantial amount of power is going to make the Spin flip, and at that point it's barely going to fade.

The Spin flies like a tourney pro Comet (the flippiest plastic they were run in) on straight to turnover/anny lines, but even the tourney pro Comets come out of their turn more than the Spin.

I ended up settling on the Watt for throwing duties, because when I throw the Spin for that, I feel like I'm missing too many available lines in comparison. The Spin is a fantastic putt and approach disc, but it just doesn't hold up to the power needed for 230+ foot drives, even in premium plastics the way the APX did, or the Comet does at 250+

Latest posts