• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Bought a yellow dx roc today with a flag stamp and noticed it has patent numbers and no www tooling. Its close to flat and stiffer than some i've felt. Is this old stock or is this the norm??

I don't think the tooling on the bottom of the Rancho Roc changed when a lot of other discs added the www. and removed the patent numbers.
As for the plastic, it's so much of a wash that you probably just got lucky that that particularly blend was a bit on the stiffer side and the cooling time was correct for producing a minimal dome. I was at Air Play Sports today and there were a few DX Rocs that were pretty close to flat and not as waxy as some previous runs had been, so maybe the newer blends of DX are coming out better.

a buddy hooked me up with an old multi purpose stamp glow roc and that is seriously one of the best rocs I have thrown. Flat, grippy, stable, just awesome.

I don't think the tooling on the bottom of the Rancho Roc changed when a lot of other discs added the www. and removed the patent numbers.
As for the plastic, it's so much of a wash that you probably just got lucky that that particularly blend was a bit on the stiffer side and the cooling time was correct for producing a minimal dome. I was at Air Play Sports today and there were a few DX Rocs that were pretty close to flat and not as waxy as some previous runs had been, so maybe the newer blends of DX are coming out better.

They must be from a recent release because it has a flag stamp and i havent seen too many flag stamped production discs until recently

If I could pick one thing in disc golf to have, it would be an inside guy at Innova to give me a heads-up whenever they made a really tasty run of DX Rocs. :|

If I could pick one thing in disc golf to have, it would be an inside guy at Innova to give me a heads-up whenever they made a really tasty run of DX Rocs. :|

35D9F9F4-511F-4865-827C-E091828B4FDF_zpskiwnicvb.jpg

6DB95C06-ED26-40A2-A281-FDE5B010BC0C_zpsiu5drvwm.jpg

it feels alot like the Pro/Mcpro Roc3's, let the hunt begin

Eh, I don't think you are going to like that one. I'll take it off your hands to save you the disappointment.

Awesome disc, I have owned three. A DX Rancho that I broke in half after a hit with one two many trees, an R-Pro Roc+ and the current Champ Roc3. I use those both a lot. R3 is pretty stable and I use it unless it's wet or cold outside.

Our local 'big box' just got a bunch of new innova and plenty of DX Roc's that look like the one posted above.

Is there something special about them compared to other DX's?

Our local 'big box' just got a bunch of new innova and plenty of DX Roc's that look like the one posted above.

Is there something special about them compared to other DX's?

The new ones that look like that are nice , chalky, and stiffer than the runs of the last couple years

C20563AD-194F-4359-8C27-C362B4DB2026_zpse7f0g6ak.jpg

208EC698-F532-40BF-886D-847C92488F13_zpsf49zrkai.jpg

Found two more, dug through a stack and the only ones that are as awesome are the flag stamps, so for a while i'll be hoarding the flag stamps because these are the nicest dx roc's ive seen since 2011

Last edited:
So I've been thinking about rocs a lot lately. I currently bag buzzzs and drones. However, I love the idea of rocs! So, I bought a 12xKC, a glow, and a champ roc3. I've heard great things about all of them and can't wait to see how they do! The obvious intent is to cycle and use the moderately flat r3 for more power.

At any rate, I like reading about other peoples roc set ups and hope I can make one of my own!

Cheers!

I must say that I have been throwing my San Marino Roc since I have never really given it a chance on the course and I have made some sweet shots with it. I am really liking this disc and I also have a Champ Glow Roc3 and a DX Roc that I want to throw around. So far my San Marino Roc is proving to be quite useful.

Going on 6 months with my first bagged DX Rancho Roc. It hasn't lost any stability and it got me a par save from 280' on a 990' par 5 after I threw OB and got set back 100'. TBH, I was expecting to cycle another one in at this point but this guy still looks and flies 8/10. Definitely getting my money's worth out of this $6 factory second!

I got one of the MP that's used, one of the soft/waxy ones. I can see why these would be disliked, but TBH, I'm excited to have one with a little turn.