• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Contrary to what I hear, my Star San Marino 20years Roc is more domey than my R-Pro Ontario.
I can throw a giant anhyzer with both and they don't come back though.
I also have a hard time believing that the Roc has the same fade rating as a Gator.
Although Innova's site says it does.

Hmmm... Well I'd like to play all of those courses in Middle Earth. Losts of lost discs in Mirkwood. Rivendell is the nicest and most forgiving. There are severe elevation changes in the Misty Mountains, a very difficult course; using an Orc here helps. The 2 courses in Hobbiton are very short. :rolleyes:

But back to the mythical Roc. I love my Buzzz, but heard all the love for the Roc. Twin brothers from different mothers? So I bought one. Maybe it's the plastic, maybe it's the mold, maybe it's the weight, probably the weight, but I have no use for the Roc.

Last edited:
Just read this thread and thought I would bump it so people can read some history of the roc that is on the first few pages.

So I'm a Buzzz guy. I've started throwing Comets, and I like them a lot. I hear the Roc is a good compliment to the Comet, so I'm thinking of giving them a try. Here's the thing, I've never thrown a Roc, and when I've looked at them, the variety is very wide, so I need your help...

I'd like recommendations on what I should get. Weights. Plastics. Molds. Whatever is recommended, it must be readily available and reasonably priced.

Thanks!

So I'm a Buzzz guy. I've started throwing Comets, and I like them a lot. I hear the Roc is a good compliment to the Comet, so I'm thinking of giving them a try. Here's the thing, I've never thrown a Roc, and when I've looked at them, the variety is very wide, so I need your help...

I'd like recommendations on what I should get. Weights. Plastics. Molds. Whatever is recommended, it must be readily available and reasonably priced.

Thanks!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22884&highlight=Roc

Types of Rocs:
2006:
·The "Star" Rocs are likely to be pretty hot for several reasons. They look and feel great. This is also the true "first run" of Star Rocs since Innova created the line. Star Rocs are stable (not overstable) like the Special Blend. They fly straighter and hold an incredible line.
·Star Rocs are pretty much the standard "Rancho" mold.
·Special Blend is more the "Ontario-style" mold, making them less stable than regular Champion or Glow. Special Blend Rocs should also prove popular as this is quite likely the final run of Special Blend discs. These, like the Star Rocs, are pretty straight flyers. Both gold and silver Special Blend Rocs are available. They are flippin' sweet.
·Regular Champion and Glow are all overstable pigs. If you prefer a meat hook, here you go.
·There was only one, truly clear disc. It weighs 180 and has a ghost "Eye Roc" stamp. Its whereabouts shall remain unknown at this time.
I have a Roc that is a Star Roc +. What does the + stand for?

No.

I suppose somebody could have a flat top glow, so some may or may no exist. But generally no, glow has nothing to do with flat tops.

"Glow" has been around for a long time. I've seen runs of glow that were pretty hard and flat-ish. We got some glow Rocs last fall that were softer and super-duper domey. I've seen everything in-between. You can't make huge generalizations about glow, it's just DX with an additive and it varies like DX.

At any rate, flat tops are the discs that have been through the full-color stamp machine (even though it doesn't make a full color stamp any more.) Recently people have started calling any old Roc that doesn't have much dome a flat top. That just confuses the issue. Just because a Roc looks pretty flat doesn't make it flat top.

Last edited:

Latest posts