• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Number range: 0402-0425
Total with this combo of disc and stamp color: 24
Plastic Blend: Champion
Mold Type: Original Rancho
Disc COlor: Pearl Merlot
Stamp Color: Silver Holographic
Stamp Type: Free Spirit
Artist: huk lab

Not one of the rarer combos. Throw it.

USDGC Rocs used to be such a big deal that they easily could have had their own thread. The new USDGC Rocs coming out used to be very

Now I rarely hear anyone talk about them. Are they still a collector bonanza?

Not really. Even the older ones that used to be considered special don't hold near the value. I've managed to pick up several from the aughts for very reasonable prices, and I probably overpaid. Good thing they're throwers instead of part of my investment portfolio...

Number range: 0402-0425
Total with this combo of disc and stamp color: 24
Plastic Blend: Champion
Mold Type: Original Rancho
Disc COlor: Pearl Merlot
Stamp Color: Silver Holographic
Stamp Type: Free Spirit
Artist: huk lab

Not one of the rarer combos. Throw it.

Thanks for the info tbird! Very useful. I didn't actually realize Huk Lab did the stamp for these. I'll be representing a local company throwing this one (not that anyone will know). :) I'd throw more Huk Lab stuff, but they charge so much money just for a stock disc or shirt with the trifly stamp on it that I don't have many. :\

I wonder if the market for champ Ranchos is a lot smaller since champ Roc3's are in production. It really wouldn't surpise me. Champ Ranchos are generally more stable than a Champ Roc3 (unless you get a domey Roc3), but if someone is looking for more of a DX Roc flight in premium plastic, a champ Roc3 is a decent substitute. Also, Paul McBeth pimping the Roc3s surely doesn't hurt. I guess there's plenty of other companies making Roc-type discs in premium plastics as well, but Wasps have existed for a long time and they didn't hurt the market for USDGC Rocs.

Thanks for the info tbird! Very useful. I didn't actually realize Huk Lab did the stamp for these. I'll be representing a local company throwing this one (not that anyone will know). :) I'd throw more Huk Lab stuff, but they charge so much money just for a stock disc or shirt with the trifly stamp on it that I don't have many. :\

I wonder if the market for champ Ranchos is a lot smaller since champ Roc3's are in production. It really wouldn't surpise me. Champ Ranchos are generally more stable than a Champ Roc3 (unless you get a domey Roc3), but if someone is looking for more of a DX Roc flight in premium plastic, a champ Roc3 is a decent substitute. Also, Paul McBeth pimping the Roc3s surely doesn't hurt. I guess there's plenty of other companies making Roc-type discs in premium plastics as well, but Wasps have existed for a long time and they didn't hurt the market for USDGC Rocs.

Yeah premium Roc-like discs just don't seem to be overly popular on the market.

Discraft doesn't seem to move too many Wasps, the Bard is a fantastic beefy Rancho replacement and they don't register on Westside's Top 10 seller list.

Looking for info on the most overstable version of the Roc3 ...

Is it glow CFR, metal flake, or star? Need a long-lasting, beefy Roc3 to complement my broken in McPro Roc3s.

Looking for info on the most overstable version of the Roc3 ...

Is it glow CFR, metal flake, or star? Need a long-lasting, beefy Roc3 to complement my broken in McPro Roc3s.
I can't speak on Star but the most overstable Champion Roc3 I've thrown is a Glow Champ. I know that Roc3s with dome are generally more beefy than flat Roc3s.

Are there any 150 class roc throwers out there?

Any experience with the Japan Open 150 Champion San Marinos or Champion Ranchos?

Are there any 150 class roc throwers out there?

Any experience with the Japan Open 150 Champion San Marinos or Champion Ranchos?

I can't speak on Star but the most overstable Champion Roc3 I've thrown is a Glow Champ. I know that Roc3s with dome are generally more beefy than flat Roc3s.

In my experience, Star Roc3s, be they Champy-Star F2 discs or soft board-flat (FAF) Star plastic, are not more overstable than other Roc3s. Not necessarily less, either, but certainly not more.

My faf star roc3 is straight stable. Nice little fade. Domey mf roc 3 is more stable but slightly. seems to hold a hyzer line better, where the star will flip up on me a little. The Gstar is inline with my star.

Does anyone else love the Glow Champ Roc3's? I picked up two more KC Wide Open stamped yesterday for a really good price. They seem to be a bit more stable than the normal champ run and are much more grippy.

I have multiple Champion Roc3s, multiple Star Roc3s, a couple of GStar Roc3s, a couple of McPro Roc3s, a DX Roc3, and a Metal Flake Champ Roc3. I don't have a Glow Roc3, unfortunately.

All of them are just about the same: straight flight, dump fade. The McPros and DX broke in/are breaking in pretty fast.

Of these, probably my Metal Flake Roc3 is the most overstable of the bunch, as it hasn't broken in much (it's part of my windy weather bag, and isn't taken out on the course as often).

So those who say the Glow Champ is the most overstable, I'm probably going to believe them.

P.S. If you like the Roc3 but would be okay without the bead, get a Champ Shark3 (which is a Roc3 without the bead). IMHO it's more consistently overstable than the Roc3.

KC glow rocs for my go to rocs, everything a roc should be imo. I throw DX flat top rocs for straight shots, beat to Understable and hyzer flips if my KC aren't cycled yet. And glow champ roc 3 for OS duties before I get to Gator territory