• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Hey I'm looking to start a roc cycle that starts a little less stable so it takes less long to beat an individual disc to the magical sweet spot. Also, I intend to bookend the OS side with a lucid verdict or C MD4 plus a zone for OS and FH duties.

What is the least overstable roc in production at this point? I'm thinking of either DX ranchos or Roc3s in about 171g, which is as low weight as I'm comfortable going. I was looking at flat tops too, but I'd prefer not to pay a premium, or slightly flat top my own DX ranchos with boiling water for free.

Hey I'm looking to start a roc cycle that starts a little less stable so it takes less long to beat an individual disc to the magical sweet spot. Also, I intend to bookend the OS side with a lucid verdict or C MD4 plus a zone for OS and FH duties.

What is the least overstable roc in production at this point? I'm thinking of either DX ranchos or Roc3s in about 171g, which is as low weight as I'm comfortable going. I was looking at flat tops too, but I'd prefer not to pay a premium, or slightly flat top my own DX ranchos with boiling water for free.

Try a DX VRoc.

Sounds like blasphemy but they're actually really nice flying discs. They still feature a big bead but are great for cruising straight lines from start to finish.

Try a DX VRoc.

Sounds like blasphemy but they're actually really nice flying discs. They still feature a big bead but are great for cruising straight lines from start to finish.

Sounds like a nice disc, but I'm really looking to cycle something more prototypically Roc-like. The VRoc was bestowed those magic three letters, but I wouldn't really consider it a RocTM per se. But thanks! :hfive:

Probably going to get flamed for this, but;
The least stable Roc is a VRoc. Gives a nice seasoned Roc flight off the shelf.

For winter I have been throwing one because I don't want to break one of my KC-pros.
I'm bagging a new 180gr DX Roc and a 177gr DX Vroc with good results.

Probably going to get flamed for this, but;
The least stable Roc is a VRoc. Gives a nice seasoned Roc flight off the shelf.

For winter I have been throwing one because I don't want to break one of my KC-pros.
I'm bagging a new 180gr DX Roc and a 177gr DX Vroc with good results.

Shoot I guess I can't really cover my ears to the suggestions of the vroc at this point... Although what I'm really looking for is something with a little more lateral movement, with a nice flip up but also reliable, mellow forward fade.

Pick up a beat Roc from a used bin or a sales thread here/on FB. They're pretty common and don't command a premium. Then pick up a couple new DX and start working one in to slot between fresh and perfect.

Flat topping the Roc yourself won't make it a FT Roc. It's just not the same. The dome will fall naturally as you season anyway.

Pick up a beat Roc from a used bin or a sales thread here/on FB. They're pretty common and don't command a premium. Then pick up a couple new DX and start working one in to slot between fresh and perfect.

Flat topping the Roc yourself won't make it a FT Roc. It's just not the same. The dome will fall naturally as you season anyway.

I've always wondered about that. I feel like 90% of seasoned Rocs I see aren't marked flat top but they dang sure look it, makes sense now.

Over the holidays, I ordered a XT Roc. It's pretty neutral as far as Rocs go. I've heard previously they were pretty stable. Anyone else finding something similar?

Shoot I guess I can't really cover my ears to the suggestions of the vroc at this point... Although what I'm really looking for is something with a little more lateral movement, with a nice flip up but also reliable, mellow forward fade.

I think the Roc may not be what you need then. They generally lose LSF before losing any HSS. Of course that is not a hard and fast rule, but a pretty dependable one.

Now if you really only want a little lateral movement and can deal with no fade, then the Roc will work. Though the shot you describe is better achieved with how you throw the disc, not the disc itself (at least for most Rocs).

Last edited:

A DX Ontario Cobra may be just what you're looking for.

Latest posts