• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Yes. Well, made, not make.

I have one (unthrown) with a Portland 2014 Worlds stamp. It was the first and only run of G-Star Rancho Rocs.

I have no need for it, if you do...
*looks at stack of Rocs*

*looks at birth certificate*

*does some math*

*looks in wallet despite the math*

*remembers that my wife still opens the mail*

This is one of those really hard life decisions... :| I'm going to say I'm good.

*immediately regrets decision*

Yes. Well, made, not make.

I have one (unthrown) with a Portland 2014 Worlds stamp. It was the first and only run of G-Star Rancho Rocs.

I have no need for it, if you do...

Yup, that's what mine is as well.

How would a Roc fly compared to a Shark? The Shark I bag is laser straight but was thinking about ordering a Roc to try out.

How would a Roc fly compared to a Shark? The Shark I bag is laser straight but was thinking about ordering a Roc to try out.

The Roc has a bead. It makes it a touch more OS while the Shark may be a hair faster.
P.S. order multiple Rocs.

Looks more like the right one

Yeah, that's how Rocs have been molding up in DX and KC for the past year or two now. I'm loving them and have been stocking up! Gotta buy them in person though because there's just so many Rocs made that many places are still sitting on old stock or are still getting old stock shipped to them from the warehouse.

Why multiple Rocs?

Roc throwers like to cycle Rocs and keep them in different stages of wear. DX is a popular plastic for Rocs but it also wears in quicker than other plastics. So somebody may bag 3-4 Rocs from beat to hell to brand new to get various flights out of the same disc/mold. There was a breakdown here somewhere maybe even in this very thread about cycling Rocs.

Roc throwers like to cycle Rocs and keep them in different stages of wear. DX is a popular plastic for Rocs but it also wears in quicker than other plastics. So somebody may bag 3-4 Rocs from beat to hell to brand new to get various flights out of the same disc/mold. There was a breakdown here somewhere maybe even in this very thread about cycling Rocs.

Also those using KC Pro ROC discs also tend to cycle though the cycle is a bit slower then with DX, it is still done.

The only ROC throwers that do not cycle are those using the ROC and ROC 3 in the Star or the ROC 3 in Champion most do not cycle but tend to use the varying heights of dome on the the Star ROC and then the Star/Champion ROC 3 to have the OS flight paths they want. These people using multiple premium ROC discs often label the discs they have from most OS to least OS as they are looking for the OS factors they want as some older disc could still be very OS to a newer one due to dome.

Looks like I need to order a few lol. Thanks for locating the post.

Good to see the Roc thread back on the first page.

I got into Rocs around this time last year. As others have suggested, try a few different Rocs to see what works for you if you want to get into Rocs. Within the base plastics DX and KC, there is the normal stock stamps, flat top, glow, flat top glow, etc. to pick from in terms of preference. A stock stamp KC or DX is a great starting point. DGU is a great resource for trying Rocs because you can typically find factory seconds of each different plastic combination.

We have a lot of roc knowledge on this page. Ask all the questions
Back in the DGR days there was a complaint on there about DGCR that effectively was "who wants to answer the same question about Rocs 1,000 times?" I mean if you don't throw Rocs maybe that would bother you, but I'm a Roc guy. I specifically came here to answer the same Roc questions 1,000 times; it might be my favorite part of DGCR.

Back in the DGR days there was a complaint on there about DGCR that effectively was "who wants to answer the same question about Rocs 1,000 times?" I mean if you don't throw Rocs maybe that would bother you, but I'm a Roc guy. I specifically came here to answer the same Roc questions 1,000 times; it might be my favorite part of DGCR.

I'm sort of tempted to buy a stack of DX roc's and just throw those every other game.

I'm sort of tempted to buy a stack of DX roc's and just throw those every other game.

If you're the kind of person who is tired of chasing every new mid that comes out, likes a bead and would prefer to have one mold to do it all, then a short stack of DX Rocs will do you good.

Been throwing DX Rocs for 5 years and feel no need to search any new molds.

If you're the kind of person who is tired of chasing every new mid that comes out, likes a bead and would prefer to have one mold to do it all, then a short stack of DX Rocs will do you good.

Been throwing DX Rocs for 5 years and feel no need to search any new molds.
I like the Comet and Buzzz. But I feel like I'm missing out on a classic by not at least playing around with some DX Rocs.