• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The New Bag with Built in bladder

I got to try these bags on last week, and my impression is that they will be great for the casual golfer, but will probably not satisfy all the needs of the serious tournament player. They seem like well made bags, but only time will tell how well they hold up to regular disc golf abuse. Their facebook page is the best place to ask questions or see more pics.

Shift: I'd really like to play a few rounds with one of these. It was lightweight and very comfortable to wear, and the overall size is significantly smaller than the Grip or Revolution backpacks. I could fit all 12 discs from my bag into the inside and outside pockets without having to stuff them in or warp them, though there was minor interference when pulling discs out from the lower inside pockets. The water bottle holder pushes into the storage space at the bottom of the bag, but you still have room for a couple towels or other items (I forgot to try to fit a sweatshirt). I don't think I'd use the belt or sternum buckles, but the waist pockets are handy. The bag doesn't really stand up on it's own without a water bottle, and it still leans a bit. Things I like: The size is great for a small backpack bag, and it's more comfortable than most. Things I'd change: Move the water bottle out to make the bag more stable and add storage space, maybe insulate. Mini pocket and shorter pencil pocket for small golf pencils.

Focus: Definitely for the minimalist, it's simply a Camelback with disc pockets and the same side pockets as the Shift. Very lightweight, comfy.

If you look on their FB page you can see a pic of the Shift(bigger bag) with 10 discs in it. You would be able to see 12, but it's kind of a side view, so two of the outside pockets aren't visible.
I would really like to get my hands on both of these bags, they look like great options for me as I've started playing with only 6-8 discs and I leave my Innova Comp bag at home, except for field days.

I don't know, I think they look pretty sexy. And I can easily see stuffing 15 discs into the bigger one based on pictures. Along with the golden retriever and a few golf balls. As a semi-serious rec player you cant ask for much more. The price is a little high, but I mean there is always a price for quality. Camelbak's are expensive, ipods are expensive, northface is expensive and it is all about percieved quality. I bet you if nike made this bag everyone would be clambering to get it, even at 30 or so dollars more a bag just for the swoosh. Now all that said I am a poor college student and can't afford it haha. I will stick to my free track bag from a career fair. But I def want one of these. And I don't know if it changes anything for anyone but if you check out their site the bags are each 20 bucks off right now.

Here's the other bag from Chico. "Highway 32 Bag"

attachment.php

Attachments

• Highway32Bag.jpg
    Highway32Bag.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 431

Latest posts