• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Orc

Yes anybody can throw any disc but if you can't throw to the intended speed it will cause you to lose form.

Well...that's kinda true and kinda not. Your form could be good, but you still may prefer a disc that you can't quite get up to its most efficient cruising speed because it gives you a certain flight. That doesn't mean those discs cause bad form.

With that being said, however, throwing discs that you can't get up to speed can have the effect of masking form flaws you may have.

Orc and PD always have seemed pretty similar to me...Anyone care to compare them for me in case Discmania and the worlds supply of PD's burn down over night?

Pishaw, don't get a disc faster than 5 until you can throw it 300'. Ridiculus. There's definitely a progression of discs to start with, but you can have some faster understable discs to start with to get distance and as your form improves it will continually flip over you should start to use more stable discs. I'm not a big Viking fan. But I prefer to start new players with Valkyrie, Beast, and Teebird (or TL). And if you want to get all old school on it, Gazelle is a great fairway driver. But the Teebird, has a slight edge in distance and you can get it in more plastics.

Eagle is also a good starter disc that can be used through a players career.

Orc and PD always have seemed pretty similar to me...Anyone care to compare them for me in case Discmania and the worlds supply of PD's burn down over night?

Just by comparing mine by eye, the top halves look very similar. On the bottom rim, it looks like my PD's sidewalls are a little taller than my Orc's.

Both in Star (S) plastic.

See if you can get your hands on a 150g DX Sidewinder. I think you'll get some amazing distance out of that disc compared to what you're throwing. Just make sure you release it as flat as you can, at first, then when it starts to turn on you, add some hyzer.

:clap: :thmbup: :clap: :thmbup: :clap:

Absolutely! incredible disc that is super versatile. Especially in DX plastic. I carry a Star, a Champion, a beat in DX, and a fresh out of the box DX almost always.

Latest posts