• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Mentioned it on FB but I think I'm going to buy the rights to Gateway's Thumb Track Proto 1 aka the most OS PnA ever made.

It is Chief speed, beaded and has a unique ridge like spoiler on the outer wing. The perfect name just hit me...

The RDG Stego

This disc is massively HSS without having a huge fade. The harder you throw it, the harder it fades. If you flat out gun it, it'll nearly land vertical on a spike. Great for headwinds, Spike hyzers that don't have room to be swung wide, and all kinds of utility forehands.

Updates:
- still yet to get the drivers and Kastaplast stamped. New management at Gateway has kinda nixed my sweet ride on stamping. Backup plan is in the works and should be good to go shortly.
- new stamps are progressing nicely
- Tyrant proto is flying perfectly, i do believe we are all systems go for production
- new run of Scales are the best we've had. All kinds of amazing feeling blends

Sounds like an interesting disc and an awesome name.

Sucks on the drivers stamp. I am looking forward to getting a Ptero. Any idea on when/ if an RDG stamped Doggy Style will happen?

2) I think they'd be a neat disc that folks would get behind once PDGA approved. Massively os discs are clearly popular based on the Justice being DotY

I think that might have been in part due to the massive campaigning by DD and all the trilogy fan boys.

When is RDG or Faction going to get their icon for threads here? I mean RDG does have an active following on site.

Was looking at other dino/reptile names for the Stego, but think you already found the best one. Curious to see/feel one of these freaks.

OVERSTABLE THIS!!!
a9cc90ebf9864f8484b1a9baa904379e.jpg

When is RDG or Faction going to get their icon for threads here? I mean RDG does have an active following on site.

Was looking at other dino/reptile names for the Stego, but think you already found the best one. Curious to see/feel one of these freaks.

Hey, you replaced the Rhyno for your avatar!

Btw more serpent stamps when the next run of serpents is put through, they are something I've heard requested a couple of times.

Please

Hey, you replaced the Rhyno for your avatar!

Btw more serpent stamps when the next run of serpents is put through, they are something I've heard requested a couple of times.

Please

I'm serious about commiting to the Serpent. Feels good, fits good, and flies good (as well as I can tell after one round). :p

So I'm torn between the Sea Foam FF and the OG SSS blends for the Scale. Anyone have both and able to compare. The OG looks really flexible in the video, and I use RFF Wiz in the circle, so I def like a flexy putter. I currently use an eraser scale for short drives/ups, but could see the FF slotting in nicely as a driving putter.

Thoughts?

So I'm torn between the Sea Foam FF and the OG SSS blends for the Scale. Anyone have both and able to compare. The OG looks really flexible in the video, and I use RFF Wiz in the circle, so I def like a flexy putter. I currently use an eraser scale for short drives/ups, but could see the FF slotting in nicely as a driving putter.

Thoughts?

I have a bunch of runs of Fossil and will receive the Sea Foam, OG SSS, and $$$ tomorrow. I'll compare as soon as I can.

However, the Sea Foam is selling QUICK! Might not want to wait if you can the fundage!

I have a bunch of runs of Fossil and will receive the Sea Foam, OG SSS, and $$$ tomorrow. I'll compare as soon as I can.

However, the Sea Foam is selling QUICK! Might not want to wait if you can the fundage!

Word, the Jawbreaker Wiz was my #1 priority, so I had to pop on that before they were gone. Went with the SSS OG, figured it might work better for me since I tend to reach for softer plastics most of the time, and I've been wanting to try a softer scale (than Eraser) in the circle.

Would still be interested in a comparison (if you got the time), as I'm sure others would too...

Word, the Jawbreaker Wiz was my #1 priority, so I had to pop on that before they were gone. Went with the SSS OG, figured it might work better for me since I tend to reach for softer plastics most of the time, and I've been wanting to try a softer scale (than Eraser) in the circle.

Would still be interested in a comparison (if you got the time), as I'm sure others would too...

Most definitely. I'm excited to see how the OG and $$$ compare to the Tar Pits, different runs of Fossils, Fossil Fuels, and RFFs I've got. Both in feel and flight.

I'm not a huge Wizard guy, but those Jawbreakers were just too gorgeous to pass up. Can't wait to see what swirl I got tomorrow! :D

Thoughts?

Which RFF wiz blue or red? I would say get both if you have the funds since you use the stiff to drive and a flexy to putt. I don't like real flexy putters for putting and already have enough RFF reds for sticky duties so I don't have the OG SSS in front of me, but to my recollection from when I felt the SSS organics they seemed a bit more springy in form then the RFF's. And the softness was pretty consistent throughout the flight plate and wing.

Which RFF wiz blue or red? I would say get both if you have the funds since you use the stiff to drive and a flexy to putt. I don't like real flexy putters for putting and already have enough RFF reds for sticky duties so I don't have the OG SSS in front of me, but to my recollection from when I felt the SSS organics they seemed a bit more springy in form then the RFF's. And the softness was pretty consistent throughout the flight plate and wing.

I have "several" RFF Wizards in the stash, I even think that a few are old RDG runs of a pink chalky RFF. They have a crazy pipe-smoking wizard stamp. I think the SSS OG will be amazing for my tastes.

What plastics have the Serpents been run in? Just Fossil and Fossil Fuel?

I have been using my Serpents more and more.

Latest posts