• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Picked up a pair of beauties today. I'm going to commit to making the Serpent my putting putter. Good plastic, good feel, and good flight. Should have picked some up sooner. Now to build up funds so I can have more for practicing.

Edit: Thanks Geo!

Attachments

• IMG_20160313_142401.jpg
    IMG_20160313_142401.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Picked up a pair of beauties today. I'm going to commit to making the Serpent my putting putter. Good plastic, good feel, and good flight. Should have picked some up sooner. Now to build up funds so I can have more for practicing.

Edit: Thanks Geo!

Down the rabbit hole you go. That's how it all starts. I picked up a pair of FF Wizs to start out and now I have stacks. Next will be multiples of every putter RDG makes. Welcome to Reptilianland there is no turning back.

Mentioned it on FB but I think I'm going to buy the rights to Gateway's Thumb Track Proto 1 aka the most OS PnA ever made.

It is Chief speed, beaded and has a unique ridge like spoiler on the outer wing. The perfect name just hit me...

The RDG Stego

This disc is massively HSS without having a huge fade. The harder you throw it, the harder it fades. If you flat out gun it, it'll nearly land vertical on a spike. Great for headwinds, Spike hyzers that don't have room to be swung wide, and all kinds of utility forehands.

Updates:
- still yet to get the drivers and Kastaplast stamped. New management at Gateway has kinda nixed my sweet ride on stamping. Backup plan is in the works and should be good to go shortly.
- new stamps are progressing nicely
- Tyrant proto is flying perfectly, i do believe we are all systems go for production
- new run of Scales are the best we've had. All kinds of amazing feeling blends

Mentioned it on FB but I think I'm going to buy the rights to Gateway's Thumb Track Proto 1 aka the most OS PnA ever made.

It is Chief speed, beaded and has a unique ridge like spoiler on the outer wing. The perfect name just hit me...

The RDG Stego

This disc is massively HSS without having a huge fade. The harder you throw it, the harder it fades. If you flat out gun it, it'll nearly land vertical on a spike. Great for headwinds, Spike hyzers that don't have room to be swung wide, and all kinds of utility forehands.

This is the disc I was telling you about today Ilmcgee.

Im all about supporting RDG but I am wondering what exactly the purpose of the Stego would be? Very cool name that lends itself to awesome stamps but I dont see it as useful?

Like the Spirit...who the hell actually used that thing?

Aside from that...super ready to try the TYRANT. It's been a long time coming and we, the DGCR community, are pretty privileged to have been able to see the whole process from start to finish.

Also pretty jazzed about the seafoam Scales. Dont know why but that color looks awesome. And a pi k Fossil Scale? Equally excited for that.

Im all about supporting RDG but I am wondering what exactly the purpose of the Stego would be? Very cool name that lends itself to awesome stamps but I dont see it as useful?

Like the Spirit...who the hell actually used that thing?

Couple reasons:

1) little cost to purchase the rights. We need all the funds we can scrounge up and if these things are fun, Team RDG will respond and work them into their bags

2) I think they'd be a neat disc that folks would get behind once PDGA approved. Massively os discs are clearly popular based on the Justice being DotY

3) it's faster and has much more OAT tolerance than the Scale. Perfect for utility shots that require low skill and a ton of luck.

Down the rabbit hole you go. That's how it all starts. I picked up a pair of FF Wizs to start out and now I have stacks. Next will be multiples of every putter RDG makes. Welcome to Reptilianland there is no turning back.

I'm already a part of Reptilianland as you put it. Had Scales, just not a fan of deep dish and beads. While the Serpent is deeper than I like, it doesn't feel as deep to me as it really is. The wing/rim fill up the hand which once practicing with it more will lead to more consistent releases. I also have a ptero, although it is loaned out, and a rdg stamped Chief OS. Finally, I thrown the Raptor and Tyrant. So, thanks for the welcome, but I'm already in the club and glad to be in the know about such a customer oriented brand.

I'm already a part of Reptilianland as you put it. Had Scales, just not a fan of deep dish and beads. While the Serpent is deeper than I like, it doesn't feel as deep to me as it really is. The wing/rim fill up the hand which once practicing with it more will lead to more consistent releases. I also have a ptero, although it is loaned out, and a rdg stamped Chief OS. Finally, I thrown the Raptor and Tyrant. So, thanks for the welcome, but I'm already in the club and glad to be in the know about such a customer oriented brand.

He's my number one customer!

The flat top helps it feel shallow, and the way the rim fills the hand is exactly why I started putting scales over wizards. So I can relate.

This is the disc I was telling you about today Ilmcgee.

The RDG Stego

Sounds intriguing!

He's my number one customer!

The flat top helps it feel shallow, and the way the rim fills the hand is exactly why I started putting scales over wizards. So I can relate.

If I lived as close as you, I'd go direct too and cut you out.

Want it! Do it! Most OS putter known to man!

I've fondled this thing it is definitely unique. Almost like it has a spoiler on the top.

Of course Ill buy a Stego, and likely do a video review (but there will be no other disc to compare it to...) however, I just dont foresee myself ever being in a situation where I'm like
"man, my Scale, Raptor or Scythe arent OS enough"

The only short range disc that's MORE OS than a Scale that I'd found useful is a Prodigy A1. And even that's questionable... I will unquestionably buy a Stego if the stamp is epic (of which I have no doubt) but I really don't see any point in bagging it other than it will look cool as hell! :D

Then again, until we get to fondle them and toss them around a bit, I may as well be full of tzitzu!

Of course Ill buy a Stego, and likely do a video review (but there will be no other disc to compare it to...) however, I just dont foresee myself ever being in a situation where I'm like
"man, my Scale, Raptor or Scythe arent OS enough"

I totally agree. But I still want to try the dumbest brick spike hyzer putter of all time, purely for entertainment value.