• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Its not on our immediate To Do list.

I haven't even felt that plastic

Is it good?

It's fine... if you were going to do a stamp to make it a theme you could probably sell quite a few.

I think a new run of Tyrants would be a great next project though...

Its not on our immediate To Do list.

I haven't even felt that plastic

Is it good?

I've got one SS hemp Wizard, right now it's one of my favorites. It's got sort of a waxy feel that I didn't really care for when it was brand new, but as it breaks in I'm really liking the grip. I don't think it will be the most durable plastic blend, it's losing little chunks here and there.

I've got one SS hemp Wizard, right now it's one of my favorites. It's got sort of a waxy feel that I didn't really care for when it was brand new, but as it breaks in I'm really liking the grip. I don't think it will be the most durable plastic blend, it's losing little chunks here and there.

I've got 6 with the par plastics stamps that you can get a good deal on then.

To me, if you like the soft rubbery wizards, they'll you'll like them hemp.

I tend to like the chalky, gritty wizards, so am not a fan, like I thought I was going to be.

If there were to be a different run in scales, I'd personally like a swirly fossil like gateway is doing in their non white purewhites.

So when you fellas are rolling your Stegos, what is the angle and shot shape look like?

I have the hang of throwing forehand rollers with drivers so that the disc fades to the label side. I can do a bit of the same with a midrange but unsure of how you'd roll such a wide-rimmed putt-and-approach style disc.

I can definitely see it being useful to navigate low ceilings or getting out of trouble...

So when you fellas are rolling your Stegos, what is the angle and shot shape look like?

I have the hang of throwing forehand rollers with drivers so that the disc fades to the label side. I can do a bit of the same with a midrange but unsure of how you'd roll such a wide-rimmed putt-and-approach style disc.

I can definitely see it being useful to navigate low ceilings or getting out of trouble...

Forehand grip hold Almost vertical and whip it hard. Don't throw it too high or it will try to fight out of it.

Forehand grip hold Almost vertical and whip it hard. Don't throw it too high or it will fight out of it.

FTFY

On a related note, I picked up an AGL Baobab (Stego's beadless cousin) and it may be even more OS than a Stego. The Hemp plastic is really grippy, and I bet Wizards and Scales would be magic in that blend. Just an awesome disc and plastic.

Forehand grip hold Almost vertical and whip it hard. Don't throw it too high or it will try to fight out of it.

Almost the same with a Wizard in forehand both the normal and lower profile versions.

Now I use a different US disc not putter that is also amazing for backhand rollers, from another company. Discraft Archer

FTFY

On a related note, I picked up an AGL Baobab (Stego's beadless cousin) and it may be even more OS than a Stego. The Hemp plastic is really grippy, and I bet Wizards and Scales would be magic in that blend. Just an awesome disc and plastic.

Thats interesting.

The Baobab I threw prior to AGL buying it was beefy, but after a round or two it was throwing almost zone like.

I only throw them for short (100 feet or less usually) rollers so, to avoid the problem of them getting too high, I just kneel down so it's starting a lot closer to the ground than it would if I were standing up

FTFY

Lol I've a stack if the wizards in that blend if you want them.

Stegos seem to be all the rage, but any idea on when the fairways (Velociraptors, Pteros, Tyrants) will be back in stock?

Stegos seem to be all the rage, but any idea on when the fairways (Velociraptors, Pteros, Tyrants) will be back in stock?

And in some lighter weights...low 160's/high 150's

You know...for us older players to try and throw farther.

And in bright colors....

You know...for us older players when we throw farther, its harder to see "that" far...

And in some lighter weights...low 160's/high 150's

You know...for us older players to try and throw farther.

And in bright colors....

You know...for us older players when we throw farther, its harder to see "that" far...

This was hilarious!

I actually emailed Daredevil the other day to discuss what they have in stock.

So hopefully not too much longer

This was hilarious!

I actually emailed Daredevil the other day to discuss what they have in stock.

So hopefully not too much longer

I'm looking forward to some new Tyrants! I was bombing my red one today.

So, I had the great opportunity to play with, and get beaten by the one and only Jcass today.

Lots of interesting insight and ideas for the future of RDG! Despite falling apart in the back nine, I was reminded exactly why the serpent and the gila are such great, predictable molds. T

The serpent is an excellent predictably straight p putter, that even in today's 10 ish mile an hour cross wind in places, never left the line I put it on. A definite need if you are somebody like me who tends to to throw high with floaty putters.

The armor gila really is an excellent very workable OS mid. If you like a verdict, this is a great alternative that is absolutely board flat. Great skips if you get it nice and low, if you have room to air it out a bit it will fly excellent flex lines.

Both of these are definitely discs that always have a place in my bag!

Hmm, that idea of a Comet sized and shaped flightplate and a Polecat wing... wonder what company would have the resources to make something like that happen.?

;)

Especially in something like Eraser

Last edited:
Hmm, that idea of a Comet sized and shaped flightplate and a Polecat wing... wonder what company would have the resources to make something like that happen.?

;)

Especially in something like Eraser

Aside from the Polecat wing, you're talking about the Whittl'r from Snap Disc Sports. They've been out of production for a long time now (ahem, are you listening RDG...). I have thrown a lot of lids over the years, and this one may actually be my favorite flyer. It floats so much it makes a Comet look like a Rhyno.

Aside from the Polecat wing, you're talking about the Whittl'r from Snap Disc Sports. They've been out of production for a long time now (ahem, are you listening RDG...). I have thrown a lot of lids over the years, and this one may actually be my favorite flyer. It floats so much it makes a Comet look like a Rhyno.

I have been lusting after a Whittl'r for years... now you just made me want one even more.:mad:

I started in 2013... I believe they were OOP even then.

Last edited: