• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The "right" thing to do

pnasalberta

Eagle Member
So I have a problem of what to do with a disc. My friend found an 11x teebird with a guys name and number on it. He told me he had tried to contact the person but the person never called my friend. I then traded for said teebird and then several months later I met the man's step son at school. We are friends and the man who owns the teebird is a huge D-bag and got kicked out of the PGDA for cheating and cussed out 2 of my friends that are 13. Now my dilemma is weather to give back the disc or not. I do not want to because he is a jerk and the teebird is at a great beat in state. If anyone can shed some moral light that would be great.

When in doubt upon moral questions, let your conscience be your guide.

You were trouble enough by the idea of simply keeping the disc to make this post--what does that tell you?

Don't ever let another person's actions dictate your own. If you base your values on what other people do, then having them is pointless.

Actually if it bothers you as much in that you come to us to give you an answer...contact him and try and give him back his disc....maybe, just maybe, you'll spread the good will and you might get something good out of it as long as you don't push the issue.

Go out of your way to give it back. You'll sleep and live better for it. Your game will not suffer. You'll show him what non-douchebaggery looks like. Perhaps we'll ALL be better for it.

Tell him your keeping the 11x and give him a Groove instead.

That'll teach him.

What everyone else has said so far and, consider that all accounts of his douchebaggery are (at best) secondhand. They're probably accurate but you never know.

i'd find out if he actually cussed out some kids. that's pretty ridic.

either keep the disc, or if the guilt is too much for you - videotape yourself throwing it into the deepest nearby lake and send him a copy :thmbup:

I also found out he doesn't call people when he finds their discs.

In that case, he doesn't consider the 11x to be his any more, which helps the case for keeping it. I also like the suggestion of showing him a video of you throwing it into a lake. That way he knows where to get it if he wants it back, and any evil aura that his nasty personality imparted to the disc won't infect you or your bag. :thmbup:

Its already been attempted to be given back. He probably found it anyways, the way you describe him.

Too many super righteous people here. Your friend attempted to return the disc and he did not return contact. You fairly traded for the disc with a several month time span in between. It's yours, keep it and enjoy.

The "right" thing to do is to not litter the course with plastic in the first place. If you leave plastic in a public park, you are a litterbug. If someone picks up your trash and decides they want to keep it, they deserve it.

Find your own disc. Don't litter.