• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The "right" thing to do

If your friend tried to give it back and he never answered then it's yours. You traded for it. If it still bothers you attempt to return it but I'd just let it be.

Just because he's a d-bag, that doesn't make it okay to steal his disc from.

Hold your horses, guy. He found the disc, he did not steal it. Did you misspeak or do you truly not see the distinction?

Too many super righteous people here. Your friend attempted to return the disc and he did not return contact. You fairly traded for the disc with a several month time span in between. It's yours, keep it and enjoy.

This.

Too many super righteous people here. Your friend attempted to return the disc and he did not return contact. You fairly traded for the disc with a several month time span in between. It's yours, keep it and enjoy.

I'm in agreement with this. Chain of custody was broken between too many people. I also would like to add that you should stay in school. "Whether" or not to keep it, not "weather" or not to keep it. You didn't "steal the" disc not you didn't "steel" the disc. Spelling is a beautiful thing when you can do it correctly. This coming from a teacher who has seen spelling go the way of extinction.

I would also like to point out that my quotations are in the wrong spot so we all make mistakes :) Keep the disc!

I'm in agreement with this. Chain of custody was broken between too many people. I also would like to add that you should stay in school. "Whether" or not to keep it, not "weather" or not to keep it. You didn't "steal the" disc not you didn't "steel" the disc. Spelling is a beautiful thing when you can do it correctly. This coming from a teacher who has seen spelling go the way of extinction.

I would also like to point out that my quotations are in the wrong spot so we all make mistakes :) Keep the disc!

I'm taking it you're not a grammar teacher. Pot, kettle, black, bro.

The "right" thing to do is to not litter the course with plastic in the first place. If you leave plastic in a public park, you are a litterbug. If someone picks up your trash and decides they want to keep it, they deserve it.

Find your own disc. Don't litter.

+1
Keep the disc.

You are under no obligation to give the guy anything; legally or otherwise.

So I have a problem of what to do with a disc. My friend found an 11x teebird with a guys name and number on it. He told me he had tried to contact the person but the person never called my friend. I then traded for said teebird and then several months later I met the man's step son at school. We are friends and the man who owns the teebird is a huge D-bag and got kicked out of the PGDA for cheating and cussed out 2 of my friends that are 13. Now my dilemma is weather to give back the disc or not. I do not want to because he is a jerk and the teebird is at a great beat in state. If anyone can shed some moral light that would be great.

I had found a dbag's disc before. It was in the center of a 20' wide 8' tall thorn bush. I got cut all the $hit trying to get it out. I called then number and the guy says "thanks. I knew someone would find it for me. I don't ever look more than 5 min for a disc. I'll just wait for someone to call." This really erked me. I myself do not ink my discs becuase I will not leave untill I have found it. So I agreed to meet him at the course that I found it at. I got there a few min before he did. I walked down the 18th fairway and off into the woods where the thorn bush was and tossed it into the center of the bush. Then walked back to the parking lot. He came and I lead him to his disc. I pointed at it and he look at me all dumbfounded and said "how did you see my number from here?" I told him he should not give up on a disc so easy if he wants it back. I showed him my cut up arms and said have fun and walked away.

I understand if you can't find a disc. But put in a little effort and not just hope some nice guy will do the work for you.

I'm in agreement with this. Chain of custody was broken between too many people. Also, I would like to add that you should stay in school. "Whether" or not to keep it, not "weather" or not to keep it.(fragment) You didn't "steal the" disc is the correct usage, not you didn't "steel" the disc. Spelling is a beautiful thing when done correctly. This comes from a teacher who has seen spelling go the way of extinction.

Complete sentences are also a beautiful thing, teacher. He didn't spell the words wrong, he used them incorrectly. And, since you're nitpicking on improper word usage, he used "step son" instead of stepson.

I'm taking it you're not a grammar teacher. Pot, kettle, black, bro.
:hfive: Commas, they're a rule now!

I wouldn't keep it for the fact that the guy is a Dbag. That disc carries negative energy with it. Give it to the step son and let him give it back. Not giving it back is bad karma. My $0.02

Also, for a teacher to publicly pick on a kid that is obviously still in school over improper word usage is sad. I guess as a teacher you have seen ethics "go the way of extinction."

I had found a dbag's disc before. It was in the center of a 20' wide 8' tall thorn bush. I got cut all the $hit trying to get it out. I called then number and the guy says "thanks. I knew someone would find it for me. I don't ever look more than 5 min for a disc. I'll just wait for someone to call." This really erked me. I myself do not ink my discs becuase I will not leave untill I have found it. So I agreed to meet him at the course that I found it at. I got there a few min before he did. I walked down the 18th fairway and off into the woods where the thorn bush was and tossed it into the center of the bush. Then walked back to the parking lot. He came and I lead him to his disc. I pointed at it and he look at me all dumbfounded and said "how did you see my number from here?" I told him he should not give up on a disc so easy if he wants it back. I showed him my cut up arms and said have fun and walked away.

I understand if you can't find a disc. But put in a little effort and not just hope some nice guy will do the work for you.

That's wrong. Sorry you got cut up getting a disc back but it was your choice to into the thorns after it.

he did cuss out that kids and i did not steel the disc from him. I also found out he doesn't call people when he finds their discs.

Ok I shoulda read the whole thread 1st. Cut it in half and leave it on his porch. Bit ridc that people cant give back what they find with names and numbers on them. Here in Maine we have club houses that hold lost discs and make phone calls to let people know they have their discs

Hold your horses, guy. He found the disc, he did not steal it. Did you misspeak or do you truly not see the distinction?

I'm not your guy, friend.

sp_0505_09_m4.jpg

Seriously, though, this question has been debated over and over. I assure you that I did not misspeak. If you know whom the disc belongs to, and you know he would want it back, but you refuse to give it back, then you're keeping the guy's property and using it for yourself against his will. I don't know the legal definition of theft, but I've never subscribed to the "finders keepers" philosophy. If the original poster did, he wouldn't have started the conversation.

But my primary point was that the personality of the victim has no bearing on the badness of the deed, one way or the other.

Last edited:
Complete sentences are also a beautiful thing, teacher. He didn't spell the words wrong, he used them incorrectly. And, since you're nitpicking on improper word usage, he used "step son" instead of stepson.

:hfive: Commas, they're a rule now!

There are grammar mistakes in your post as well, but there's no need to get into a grammar fight: the OP has given us a much more important debate to go around and around with and not get anywhere. :p

I'm not your guy, friend.

sp_0505_09_m4.jpg

Seriously, though, this question has been debated over and over. I assure you that I did not misspeak. If you know whom the disc belongs to, and you know he would want it back, but you refuse to give it back, then you're keeping the guy's property and using it for yourself against his will. I don't know the legal definition of theft, but I've never subscribed to the "finders keepers" philosophy. If the original poster did, he wouldn't have started the conversation.

But my primary point was that the personality of the victim has no bearing on the badness of the deed, one way or the other.

We all know the legal definition of littering. If you leave your disc in a public park, you are littering. There is zero doubt about this. Go find your disc. Problem solved.

Latest posts