• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] The River

Midnight, the River is a great glidey fairway driver. GL will be less stable, beat in a little quicker, but usually will also have a touch more glide. Opto is virtually indestructible and is usually more stable. TM is their base plastic. Will get chunks and gauges if you drill enough trees. I only use mine for open field throws.

Get and Opto and a GL and see what you like. There is a thread somewhere about the PLH and Domes on Rivers. If I remember correctly the flat GLs tend to be understable and are probably only going to be good for you for turnover drivers. My Optos seem to be more consistent than my GLs. Straight with some reliable fade. My GLs are mostly less fade, and turn easier.

My 3 Rivers.

2012_11_%2525209_21_12.jpg

I really like this disc. But it can't knock the Leopard out of my bag & they have way too much crossover. Hmmm...:\

It is more nose angle sensitive than the Leopard, but its glide is hard to not like.

6 months ago, my employer marched all the drivers in the room and told us in 6 days we would no longer be employed there, and a contractor was taking over, and we could work for him, or leave. So, after 11 years there, I lost my pay, my benefits and insurance. Well, I did some mad running round, and got hired on where my brother works, 10 days later, working for an industrial gas plant, knowing not a damn thing about the gas business. Well, 6 months later, and tons, and tons of training later, I am finally able to slow down and take a breath, but its been overwhelming . That is one reason I havn't been here, because I have been going from working at night , to working days, and going through tons of training.

The good news is , I don't work every Friday night anymore, so I can now play on Saturday mornings, which has been great. I plan to play in a ton of tournaments next year, now that I have the time to do it. So, that is why I havn't been here in the last few months.

Well its good to see you back where ya belong! I won't give ya a hard time about lat 64, its one less guy I'm fighting for rivers/fuses for. :hfive:

6 months ago, my employer marched all the drivers in the room and told us in 6 days we would no longer be employed there, and a contractor was taking over, and we could work for him, or leave. So, after 11 years there, I lost my pay, my benefits and insurance. Well, I did some mad running round, and got hired on where my brother works, 10 days later, working for an industrial gas plant, knowing not a damn thing about the gas business. Well, 6 months later, and tons, and tons of training later, I am finally able to slow down and take a breath, but its been overwhelming . That is one reason I havn't been here, because I have been going from working at night , to working days, and going through tons of training.

The good news is , I don't work every Friday night anymore, so I can now play on Saturday mornings, which has been great. I plan to play in a ton of tournaments next year, now that I have the time to do it. So, that is why I havn't been here in the last few months.

Yea man, sounds like a lot of BS. It could always be worse though. Glad to hear you pulled through. Sounds like everything is good for you now

^ Once I have a stack of 163> ill let you know ;)

Well, every shipment I've seen come in on discgolfcenter, MSt, or Community Discs has had >166g GL Rivers in them for the past couple months. And the swirly/pearly is going bye-bye. Makes me die a little inside.

Last edited:
lol
:hfive:

I'm gonna bugger it up but there is an easy way to remember if it is "greater than" you start with the bigger (i.e. greater) side >

and if it is "less than" you start with the smaller (i.e. lesser) side <

To try and stay on topic, if latitude 64 killed the swirly/pearly aspect of discs they could lose a small following, maybe a few swirly die hards. I mean I know I love me some swirls.

Well, I don't know if they are purposely moving away from it. True "lava" colorshift hasn't been seen in quite awhile. Bolts/Rivers/Saints are almost always solid colors now. The most you can hope for is some "natural beauty" type color mixing like Star plastic has. It's a sad, sad thing. I wish I had kept some of my crazy pearly Flows.

I just sold my swirly purple river to tadd, looks like my other pearly and swirlys will be staying here.

The bright white ones with the little ripple on the top are nice. I have one in the bag and a backup.

Latest posts