• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the story of the HURRICANE

If the rest of the Hurricanes are anything even close to the one tester I had, I think it's one pointless, glideless piece of shit. Judging by the thread though the one I had must've been a mutant. Only good thing I had to say about the disc was the plastic which was durable as all hell.

I would throw the Hurricane if I could. Such a great driver. It was my first disc to top 500ft. The original pro lines were sweet. Still haven't thrown an SP since they were like $24.99.

I was using the Proline Worlds Hurricane for a while. It flew great initially, kind of like a Wraith, but with Destroyer glide. After moderate use, it got pretty beat up, and as it did, it became more difficult to control. I have another one of those, unthrown. I have 2 Proline white Hurricanes, 2 of the black hurricanes, and 2 SP Hurricanes (one is strictly a collector's disc, Jon Baldwin World Champ signature).

The sparkles are definitely good for the big arms. I only throw mine when there is a severe headwind or for flick shots. I might try it for a thumber sometime as it could be decent. The production runs once they beat in a little bit, are quite nice. I have a couple of the PC/Armageddon style one's coming in the mail this week. Hoping to get a few throws in with them to see how they fly. I also have another regular production run white one that was a misstamp and so the dome is a little bit flatter than my others. I am interested to see if it is less stable than my other white production run. The 2011 AM Worlds one that I have is really flat and considerable less stable than the normal production runs.

As for the one that you got Turso, don't know what to tell you. The only turd one that I have had was an orange 2011 Pro Worlds First Flight one. It was as you described. On a side note, if anybody has some of the 2011 Pro Worlds First Flight hurricanes in the white plastic, let me know. Specifically in the 170-172 range.

turso said:
If the rest of the Hurricanes are anything even close to the one tester I had, I think it's one pointless, glideless piece of shit. Judging by the thread though the one I had must've been a mutant. Only good thing I had to say about the disc was the plastic which was durable as all hell.

You probably had a lemon. Mine flips a lot and comes out late. Sorta like a slower King.

i also have a beefy proline hurricane, every bit as stable as my force. Was assuming this was a freak thing and now i am thinking i was right. My disc flies just like the one turso speaks of

Roc Lover said:
i also have a beefy proline hurricane, every bit as stable as my force. Was assuming this was a freak thing and now i am thinking i was right. My disc flies just like the one turso speaks of
The one we had also turned noticeably, and then instantly faded out. Zero glide and the straight cruising speed range is maybe 1-2 mph.

Yhe one i have does glide well, but has a quick fade. Moderately overstable at least more on the piggish side of that.