• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the story of your addiction

dmbrun2

Eagle Member
Lots of us have a certain disc that you are addicted to, throw all the time, show off, and collect... when and how did you get addicted? How many and what type do you have?

Mine is the banshee....it was the second disc I owned and my most reliable. I have all two aces with banshees. I have a lot if types, 11x, proto ce glo, rainbow proto, echo star, and so on...I am addicted :)

...not really

I have a fascination with team stamped Z stalkers. Not glow, not cryztal, just regular Z. I buy 'em anytime I can find 'em.

Mine is my green FLX Challenger. I got it over two years ago for my birthday from my girlfriend. By far one of the best birthday presents ever. For me I can fan grip it accurately up to about 275' and forehand it accurately up to about 150'. Ive got three aces on it and I dyed the Grip EQ logo on the front.

Ive spent hours looking for it after losing it. Once spent 30 minutes in a nasty lake fishing it out haha

Surges. God almighty surges. I bought one when I first started. Then I thought it was crap.

Revisited it 5 months later... Has been my main driver every since. There isn't a line I don't feel comfortable throwing with a surge :D

Teebirds, I had a teebird and I didnt like it at all, then I bought a beat kc pro bird and fell in love. lost it a few months ago and now I have been on a search to own every mold of the teebird. there is not a shot I can be afraid of with a teebird. annys hyzers hyzer flip forehand backhand overhand. you name it.

Wizards are my biggest addiction. I learned how to drive a putter about the time I first tried a wizard. It felt perfect in my hand and they fly beautifully for me. I think I have close to 50 between my bag and my backup stacks and the handful I've aced with and retired. I like rocs too, I have around 25 dx and kc pro rocs.

Cryztal Challengers, champ eagles, and Z buzzz's. They are the most dependable and most used discs I own.

I love my wizards too mashnut, just learning how to drive them, its been a rough yet rewarding process

tath.jpg

My tatoo i got last year!

the first two years or so i was disc crazy.. boxes and boxes of old rocs, leopards, aviars and fr sidewinders.. then sold pretty much all of my collector stuff off lol ... well everything except my san marino 12x kc pro aviars.. they will never go anywhere

Still waiting for that one special disc. On the other hand, I still haven't thrown a disc I didn't like, except maybe the Halex driver I found, then left behind.

Buzzz. The 1st one that I got was part of a bag of discs that I won in a SSP raffle in Nov 2004. It was love at 1st throw! I have 2 Wasp tooled Z's, a CryZtal Z, and several Z's and SS's. I still want a GT and Elite X for the collection.

Rocs and Banshees.....I just love them....When I first got started one of the guys at my course said to me when he saw me driving on a hole.."do yourself a favor and get a roc." "Throw it until your arm hurts and your hands toughen up." "Once you can get your roc out to 320-340+, you know you're on the right track." The Roc has been in my bag ever since and I buy new ones all the time. The same goes with the Banshee. I have probably 10 collectors or more and a few back ups that I throw.
I will always have these two discs in my bag for as long as I am able to throw.

Teebirds, I had a teebird and I didnt like it at all, then I bought a beat kc pro bird and fell in love. lost it a few months ago and now I have been on a search to own every mold of the teebird. there is not a shot I can be afraid of with a teebird. annys hyzers hyzer flip forehand backhand overhand. you name it.

^^^ This

I gave up a heroic case of alcoholism for teebirds

Destroyers... I love them... I carry 7 in my bag... ranging from a tabletop flat glow that is crazy OS, to a 168 pro that I can't get to not turn and burn... which is great for rollers and long turnovers in a tailwind

I have sentimental attachments to the TP Cyclones and pre 02 DX sharks but those stay at home most times. Currently it's the Rivers in my bag. TM and Goldline. Throwing them on every hole I possibly can and carving nice lines with them.

Rhynos. A recent addiction. Love em' for spin putting and short approaches under ~225ish. I up to six now. Nothing special. Just got an XG Gummy Champ Rhyno w/ the Asian Open stamp on it. Loving that one. Waiting for the time when I can afford to pick up some SE Rhynos!

i'm addicted to qjls....i just started using them during the summer...i now own about 7....newer runs seem to work wonderfully!! as long as they aren't too domey...i also love dx teebirds!! i love shaping lines with my dx teebirds!!

Latest posts