• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

I've tried lots of other mids...buzzz, comet, element-x, cro, shark...never have I been able to throw a disc as consistently as a roc.

The comet came close, but the added overstability and tick less glide made me come back to the roc.

I've thrown lots of other mids as well. If I couldn't throw rocs my next choices would be Element X followed by qms. I'd say the element X is the most Roc like disc I've ever thrown. The S plastic is cherry.

Nothin but Rocs here.. 4 bottom stampers beat into different stages and a champ roc is all you need...

Hi, my name is Darrin and I'm addicted to DX and KC Rancho Rocs. I tried quitting the stuff and played around with others but nothing could fill the Roc cravings. I carry four or five in the bag at all times. And have a 30+ high stack of back up/rotation discs that I always add to (most coming from trades here). I laugh at that excuse of not throwing Rocs because it's hard to replace a beat one. Unless I'm missing the meaning of rotating disc.

domromer said:
What you can't throw a comet 400ft?

Nah, my form doesn't let me get them past about 330-340 or so before they start turning, unless I have unlimited cieling and can sky bomb them...

Nah bob I'm just bustin your balls.I Can't throw a roc 400ft on level ground. This was a real gradual slope and I threw a realiy high hyzer flip. It was an easy 60ft high at the apex.

When you flip a 150 Roc like that, does it flip up completely flat (when new), or does it flip up ALMOST flat and stay on the hyzer?

dvlcek said:
I laugh at that excuse of not throwing Rocs because it's hard to replace a beat one. Unless I'm missing the meaning of rotating disc.

1. When you buy your first three, you have no beat one, so the start of the rotation takes awhile unless you go buy used ones.
2. One used disc is not like another, you still have to learn the power levels that make it do what you want. The "hard to replace a beat one" doesn't apply just to rocs, it applies to all discs, but of the many folks that throw rocs, one of the most popular comments is that a broken in roc is a thing of beauty (or the like).

I've got new and thrashed in my big..thrashed is longer and straighter. New is shorter and more stable. A new roc is not a pig even at 7000ft. It takes me about three weeks of using one roc to really give it a good thrashing. So it's not like it takes a year to beat up a roc. It does if you throw it 3 times per round. So I don't buy the excuse that rocs suck because your shit outta luck when you loose your good one.

SkaBob said:
When you flip a 150 Roc like that, does it flip up completely flat (when new), or does it flip up ALMOST flat and stay on the hyzer?

It will get flat and hang on for the ride.
If you wrist roll it will flip past and hold.
Roll-under and it will hyzer the entire way.

I played a round with just a Roc and Wizard. It was nice to get in alot of throws with a Roc. The more time I spend with this disc the longer it gets for me and the more control I have with it.

I have 3 DX Rocs in the bag right now. 2 are flat top and one is a semi-beat stock stamp DX. They are the only mids I carry. I would like one that is a bit more beat because I have to force my beat over to get a nice turn. I have another in the practice stack that I have intentionally thrown against brick walls and payment try to beat the straight out of it and the thing is still stable.

I have never liked the feel of the KC plastic and actually think it is too stiff. I don't know why there is no love for poppy top Rocs because if I had room for a 4th it would be a poppy top one that is in my practice stack. That thing just bombs and is longer than any other Roc I have thrown. As I think about it I think I am going to grab it and make some room right now.

Rocs Rock

The Roc is a great disc and the new DX is awesome. I carry three, in different stages.
I have a new pearlly blue DX one that is very pretty. My beat Roc is two years old and gets the most use out of the three, it has a very nice soft fade.

Latest posts