• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Three Disc Challenge

star sl - long range, controllable, and versatile, can do long rollers, anhyzers or regular long drives. Also feels smooth and consistent to me.

elite z buzzz - roc is also a killer midrange but i only have a dx and the buzzz being in better plastic seems more consistent and is definitely more stable which adds predictability that i like.

supersoft wizard - doesnt really matter i suck with all putters but this one feels best to me.

Which disc to carry is always a thought-invoking question.
Distance:
Pro Wraith
Pro Starfire (or DX Eagle/Tee-Bird depending on my gut feeling)

Put & Approach:
DX Shark

I love the fact that this is a very easy decision for me, after being a player who played tons of discs for lots of shots I've settled into a 6 mold bag that's diversified through different weights and levels of beat. My three discs, which constitute most of my shots would be.

175 D Soft Magent (Everything 200' and in, so consistent)
175 ESP Supercolor Buzz (very versatile, 200'-280' turnover, hyzer or dead, dead straight)
164 X Avenger, (it's a really straight and consistent driver and I feel like it works well with my 340' or so of distance, like my buzz and my XL, it works great on a hyzer, straight and anhyzer line.)

My three discs..

THe three discs that I would have to take would be....

1. Champion Beast
2. DX Roc
3. Aviar

I choose these simply because the are all the "old relyables" I know and trust in most conditions and situations.

Ok, here are my three discs that I would bring with me:

Driver- DX Teebird

Midrange - DX Wolrf

Putter- dx Aviar

This might change though, I just picked up a Dragon, Roc and Viking and I am going to try them over the next few days. These 3 seem to match my playing style better then some of the other discs I have.

I'm noticing two trends in this tread:

1. those who pick a driver, mid-range, and putter

2. those who pick two drivers, and one mid or putter

I'm in the second category. I would pick:
An overstable driver for forehands and tomahawks: Champion Monster
An understable driver for backhands: DX Beast
Something to putt with: DX Roc

I would bring

1. Z Buzz (Slightly understable mid)
2. Pro Roc (Stable to slightly overstable mid)
3. Champ Gator(Insanely overstable mid just in case there is wind)

I am not very good at throwing many of my drivers in a variety of flight paths. Plus I can get the roc and buzz out to about 350-375.

hard decisions

hmm i would have to say that these are the 3 discs that i use the most when i'm on my home courses, so these are the 3 that i will choose.

Putt/Approach - Discraft Pro D Soft Magnet (my avg score went down by 3-4 strokes when i switched to this putter a few months ago, i'm really a fan)

Mid Range - don't really have a midrange disc I like yet, but i use my DX Aviar for long forehand flick approaches....

Driver - Champion Starfire....it is my everything disc...

Champion Wraith for stable driver
Champion sidewinder for straight and turnover driver
DX skeeter for aproach and putting

If it was a very wooded course I would leave the wraith and take a DX XD low profile putter.

Valkrye Distance drives
Stratus Turnover drives and approach
Classic Roc Tunnel Drives and Putt

Flydye Star Gator- Mid/Approach/Putt/Short S-curves
172 ProD XL- LHBH Drives/right curves
175 Pro Wraith- LHFH Drives/Max D/left curves/ Long S-curves