• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ultimate Disc Golf Ace Mix (21 Aces in 3 Min.)

Gamecock

Par Member
I saw a photo of a cool hole in another thread (Crazy Mandos in Course Design) that I recognized that is included on this video, so I posted this in that thread.

Then I realized, this video is just TOO COOL to only be buried on page 7 there...

So, here it is! See 21 different Disc Golf Aces in about 3 Minutes! One guy has 2 Aces in a Row!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXGUOEmv7Gw

The background music is also quite appropriate - "Hey Man Nice Shot" by Filter.

Watching it a few times makes you want to play for sure. I want my ACE Now!

What do YOU think?

Some of those holes look familiar to me, I wonder if they are where I think they are.

This compilation is some dude that took a whole bunch of people's Ace Video's and compiled them in to his own. I wonder if he asked them first. I've seen most of those video's and I remembered a few are from a father and son video of aces and the bigger African-American guy is in a huge league group and calls his ace before he throws. Not a bad video though.

I like the vids when the camera is set up on the green and you can see the disc approaching then slamming the chains. Watching chains absorb the energy and the sound they make is great!

The background music is also quite appropriate - "Hey Man Nice Shot" by Filter.

Given the context of the song, I wouldn't exactly say it's appropriate for an ace video. :( The title of the song is the only thing even remotely applicable to disc golf.

Cheesiest song possible... :gross:

What about the song exactly is cheesy? I'm just curious.

This compilation is some dude that took a whole bunch of people's Ace Video's and compiled them in to his own. I wonder if he asked them first. I've seen most of those video's and I remembered a few are from a father and son video of aces and the bigger African-American guy is in a huge league group and calls his ace before he throws. Not a bad video though.

That wasn't just "some dude", his name is Ron Chaney. With a last name like that, he was BORN to make a cool disc golf video! ;)

I was glad to see a black guy included in this. I just don't see as many black players on local courses as I think there probably should be. In fact, I will go out of my way to ask young black kids if they ever tried the sport. If they say no, I encourage them to try it - even right then if they would like to... I've only had one take me up on it. He really loved it and had a blast playing a few holes. Last thing he said was "I'm gonna go get me some discs for sure".

Given the context of the song, I wouldn't exactly say it's appropriate for an ace video. :( The title of the song is the only thing even remotely applicable to disc golf.

That's what I meant... Some songs never have the title in the lyrics. This tune has "nice shot" and "good shot" included multiple times. And, let's face it, those DGers truly deserve to hear those phrases repeated to them over and over!

Those of you who have already scored an Ace may forget how badly those of us who've never had one want to achieve that goal! In my case, both my Mother and Father had a ball golf hole in one. I truly NEED at least ONE Ace! :)

Isn't that song about some guy who put a .357 to his head at a public press conference? No I have to go look it up again ..

That's what I meant... Some songs never have the title in the lyrics. This tune has "nice shot" and "good shot" included multiple times. And, let's face it, those DGers truly deserve to hear those phrases repeated to them over and over!

Those of you who have already scored an Ace may forget how badly those of us who've never had one want to achieve that goal! In my case, both my Mother and Father had a ball golf hole in one. I truly NEED at least ONE Ace! :)

But let's face it, a song about someone who committed public suicide, doesn't seem like the best selection for any disc golf video despite the "nice shot" and "good shot" phrases.

Like most people on this forum, I'll venture a guess that the event that inspired this song was well before the video creators time and they just had no clue as to the origins of the song. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

As to the video, there's some fun footage in there. Many of them are obviously cubby aces and others aren't aces as at all. It's fun to watch nontheless.

Isn't that song about some guy who put a .357 to his head at a public press conference? No I have to go look it up again ..

Well done! He was Budd Dwyer. I was in high school and I will never in my life forget the news footage of that suicide. Unfortunately, it's burned into my memory.

A buddy of mine was in leagues that day and waiting behind him for the pad. Apparently the guy that threw the Ace is the kind of guy that calls an ace every hole lol. Good guy but likes to be a little on the cocky side.

Great video.

If you guys don't like the song, maybe "Going the Distance" by Cake would have worked better.

Great video.

If you guys don't like the song, maybe "Going the Distance" by Cake would have worked better.

I like the song, I just have a hard time picturing it fitting in with disc golf.

So Going the Distance, eh? Hmmm, let's see...

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line,
Engines pumping and thumping in time.
The green light flashes, the flags goes up,
Churning and burning, they yern for the cup.

They deftly manouver and muscle for rank,
Fuel burning fast on an empty tank,
Wreckless and wild they pour thru the turns,
Their prowless is podent and secretly stern.

As they speed thru the finish the flags go down.
The fans get up, and get out of town.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can

The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns,
And thinking of someone for whom he still burns.

He's going the distance.
He's going for speed.
She's all alone, all alone in her time of need.

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,
He's fighting and biting and riding on his horse.
He's going the distance.

Yeah!

No trophy, no flowers, no flash bulbs, no wine.
He's haunted by something he cannot define.
Bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse,
Assail him, impale him with monster truck force.
In his mind he's still driving, still making the grade.
She's hoping time that her memories will fade,
Cause he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,
He's fighting and biting and riding on his horse.

The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup.
But he's striving and driving and hugging the turns,
And thinking of someone for whom he still burns.

Cause he's going the distance.
He's going for speed.
She's all alone, all alone in her time of need.

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,
He's figting and biting and riding on his horse,
He's racing and pacing and plotting the course,
He's figting and biting and riding on his horse!

He's going the distance.
He's going for speed.
He's going the distance...

The imagery I see in my head from this song doesn't jive at all with disc golf. At least not in it's entirety. Don't get me wrong, I like the song. Other than "going for distance" and "going for speed" the disc golf tie ins are weak. I mean, what in disc golf would serve as "riding on his horse?" This perhaps,

GoCart2010-400px.jpg

Many years ago, a friend of mine used to race jet skis. We had talked about making a jet ski video with this song. Maybe it's that idea that's clouding my ability to see this song as fitting for disc golf.

To each his own Phil.