• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Walkadisc

walkadisc

Hello All,

I'm back again trying to finally successfully fund my project. I've been working hard saving to knock out the total amount needed to put the WALKADISC on the market.

I have a couple of versions designed inclcuding the thought of different colors, and each one seems to work better than the last. Just have to wait on snail mail patent return system.

But thank you for all of the comments on a previous thread someone started. It was very helpful.

I'm not trying to replace the ideal of carrying an abundant amount of discs totally, i'm just trying to make the travel from hole to hole a little more carefree/handsfree.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125080275/the-walkadisc?ref=search[/URL]

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125080275/the-walkadisc?ref=search

copy6-1346485903-mulga-the-artist-fozzie-bear-muppet-scarf-hat-puppet-wakka-wocka-movie-joel-davie-moore-art-drawing-posca-painting-illustration-72dpi.jpg

Good on you dude. Good on you.

Follow your dreams. :hfive:

I like it but it needs a way to be hooked up without needing a belt? Idk anyone really around here that plays with jeans and a belt.

Hey all thanks, for the inspiration and tips. @Geo man I wish it was just only 19k i'm getting raped on trying to satisfy store orders in comparison to trying to get molds made which isn't cheap by far! Plus the legal and patent blah blah blah was a bill beast of it's own!

@Thugjutsu, already a step ahead of you, just can't release the other versions until the paperwork has reached my hands. snail mail by the patent office is KILLING ME ! LOL

If it did, he didn't get much help from Kickstarter. The project closed as a failure on Aug 1st with 3 backers for a total of $90. Just a little shy of the $18,700 goal.

FWIW it's a neat idea, but a product that is only going to appeal to a fraction of an already niche market is going to be tough to fund.

If it did, he didn't get much help from Kickstarter. The project closed as a failure on Aug 1st with 3 backers for a total of $90. Just a little shy of the $18,700 goal.

It closed in April with $181 of his $38,000 goal, too (or something like that). He tried it twice.

I applaud him for trying to do his own thing. I just wonder how pissed he'd be if some major manufacturer actually did this in a few years and it actually became a success. I don't see that happening when people who don't want a bag can simply use a hand for their two discs or a plastic bag from any grocery store but hey I don't know everyone and what they want. People still carry cell phones on big stupid ugly plastic belt clips so maybe those people who also disc golf will be like "hey check it out bro, I got another clip on this side of my wrangler relaxed fit jeans just for my two discs."

At first i was like BAh! worst idea ever.

But. when i realized that i could carry 4 discs in my pockets of my winter coat - damn, hands free is kinda nice... so it intrigues me in the slightest. not enough to invest in the damn thing, or even purchase one if I saw it in a store... but if somebody has my name for secret santa or something... :|

You could probably make your own using a 3D printer if you really wanted something like this. Or rig something else up.

I worried about its effect on base line or softer plastics. I'd worry about warping or dings.

It's all kind of irrelevant now, anyways. You can get a Towtch and hook it to a belt and it accomplishes the same thing.