• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the Wham-o frisbee

mikk

Par Member
Who throws a regular wham-o?? I just got my hands on a 1980 wham-o 81E, almost see thru ghost white with a cool silver/chrome stamp that says High Rigidity 165g. Some friends and I were playing catch, well kinda. Most the golfers I play with had a real hard time throwing it cuz its flippy ;) The thing thats funny is that none of the other peeps trying to throw it couldnt get it to fly with out the wobbles. I had a blast and started to remember the trick shots I learned when I was a kid. I grew up on the wham-o, my dad showed me the coolest stuf with it. There is the upside down thumber stall, the sky high stall to make it return to you, and the 1 finger side arm snap! If your realy good you can tuck a small rock inside the lip and make it fly crazy!! Its soooo floaty and realy fun if you know how to throw the wham-o!!!
So any you peeps throw the regular frisbee????

I feel like just fartin around passing lids is a really good way to clean up your form.

I keep an UltraStar and a Hero 235 in my car at all times. It's funny watching someone go from the Ultrastar to the 235. So much lighter and flippier. Most of the time it flips over and crashes. Gotta be gentle with it.

Learned to play DG with the Wham-o world class 119, 141, and 165g when I was 12 at summer camp on an object course! (painted trees set around the camp)

Tim S.

I feel like just fartin around passing lids is a really good way to clean up your form.

I keep an UltraStar and a Hero 235 in my car at all times. It's funny watching someone go from the Ultrastar to the 235. So much lighter and flippier. Most of the time it flips over and crashes. Gotta be gentle with it.

ya its definately a finesse throw with the wham-o, it will flip realy quick if your not carefull! I dont know the UltraStar?? is it a super class? I have been thinking about getting a Hero in star plastic, I think that would be the shizzznit!

Learned to play DG with the Wham-o world class 119, 141, and 165g when I was 12 at summer camp on an object course! (painted trees set around the camp)

Tim S.

ya I think the frisbee my dad had was a world class?? It was black and had a gold stamp of a guy catching a frisbee between his legs?? I think, kinda hard to remember that was 1978....

I feel like just fartin around passing lids is a really good way to clean up your form.QUOTE]

exactly! and you get a good work out initially until it cleans up your throw and get more accurate, also a lid fits 4 beers, great for throwin around and great to bring to parties!

Tim S.

^ this except we used telephone poles before a course opened nearby. i still have a 141g and 165g but haven't used them for a couple years...

I was well on my way to collecting discs and playing freestyle till I discovered disc golf in the mid seventies.

Here are a few of my old whamos:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This was my first disc that started it all for me!

Whamo standard disc circa 1966-1970:

picture.php

I love throwing the superhero, I taught my kids to throw with the superhero and it never leavves the car. I must have ten of them. Very durable lid for sure.

wham-o..and still out there for disc golf the voyager

Attachments

• KGrHqYOKm8E5JPC1c8TBOSYzJJr0Q0_3.jpg
    KGrHqYOKm8E5JPC1c8TBOSYzJJr0Q0_3.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 17
They have these at WalMart if you want to get some new Wham-o.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FrisbeeGolfDiscs.jpg
    FrisbeeGolfDiscs.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 67
i grew up throwing my dad's Wham-O pro model from college (70s)... it now spends its time hanging up in my office at Disc Nation and in my home office

we do throw lids around the warehouse like, as much as possible during the day, and most days right after work. 200' indoor shots, 30' ceiling, 2nd floor mezzanine :)

i grew up throwing my dad's Wham-O pro model from college (70s)... it now spends its time hanging up in my office at Disc Nation and in my home office

we do throw lids around the warehouse like, as much as possible during the day, and most days right after work. 200' indoor shots, 30' ceiling, 2nd floor mezzanine :)

Awesome! Im only allowed to toss my mini around the warehouse at work, and only on breaks.

Latest posts