• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thievery

How in tarnation did you know????
That Lightning bag is in damn fine shape.

I've got the large version and it looks like it's been through a war. Still use it occasionally though. No gun, it's got enough holes in it already.

That Lightning bag is in damn fine shape.

I've got the large version and it looks like it's been through a war. Still use it occasionally though. No gun, it's got enough holes in it already.

Thank God I'm not the only Oldster here who still uses antiques! If it still works, why not use it...IMHO...that little bag is a tough S.O.B.! Can't complain since it's served me well for near 30 years...the discs inside are at least that old....LOVE the old Lightning Plastic! Flies beautifully after all these years...even after hitting a few trees here and there over the decades...and they all still float...ain't ashamed to tell ya this old Marine has gone Sailor a few times at local ponds from errant throws...LOL
All kidding aside, I don't need 30 discs to weigh me down as I trod all the Local courses...if I can use a small bag with just a few discs, why not, eh? Cheers!

Last edited:
Looking at your pic.....weight does not seem to be a consideration.
My sidearm weighs just slightly more than 5 discs...and I have all I need in the bag, disc-wise, so plenty of room for "support". Still lighter than the newer bags packed to the gills everybody uses nowadays....never saw the sense in totin' so many discs around when you should be able to make do with no more than 5 or 6...just my opinion, tho....Semper Fi!

All kidding aside, I don't need 30 discs to weigh me down as I trod all the Local courses...if I can use a small bag with just a few discs, why not, eh? Cheers!
Lol. Pretty much same. I switched to a 12 disc Fade Crunch 15+ years ago (for solo play) and eventually to a cheapo backpack (to carry the family's discs).

The lightning bag got a 2nd life when I had kids and realized it hung nicely off the handle of the jogging stroller. Now that my boys are old enough not just to play, but to want to have their own discs, I've got them sharing the lightning bag.

Lol. Pretty much same. I switched to a 12 disc Fade Crunch 15+ years ago (for solo play) and eventually to a cheapo backpack (to carry the family's discs).

The lightning bag got a 2nd life when I had kids and realized it hung nicely off the handle of the jogging stroller. Now that my boys are old enough not just to play, but to want to have their own discs, I've got them sharing the lightning bag.
Sweet! Keepin' it in the Family...doesn't get any better than that! Same with my Family...my Son and two Daughters are fairly decent slingers...they've been playing since they could walk on their own and keep up w/me....but they ain't gettin' my bag!! LOL