• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thieves at Mt Airy

Jay Dub

* Ace Member *
The end of the round at Mt Airy last night sucked big time!
Johnny Depth, Ripper, me and another local were walking up #18 fairway when a young lady in the parking lot yelled down asking if this car or truck belonged to any of us. The truck was Ripper's with the back window busted out, his $1000 camera and $400-500 worth of tools missing.

The other car broken into belonged to someone we didn't know. They had a laptop stolen from their car.

:thmbdown: :thmbdown: :thmbdown:

I was there and the laptop was my coworkers. Pretty shi!!y to have that happen at the end of two good rounds. He is new to the game and I hope it doesn't turn him off to the sport.

That's why the only thing visible I leave in my car is random junk and trash. Anything valuable goes into gloveboxes or trunks.
Sorry dudes, hope his insurance is good.

:thmbdown: when these thieves are caught the punishment should be death by high speed driver!

Wouldn't death by medium-firm putter be worse?

Ripper if you are reading this that frickin sucks balls. We need to find out who did this and kill them and bury them somewhere on Mt. Airy.

:thmbdown: that's horrible.

That's why the only thing visible I leave in my car is random junk and trash. Anything valuable goes into gloveboxes or trunks.

Home insurance is where this will most likely be covered. problem is deductibles are usually higher on home insurance. Car insurance will cover permanantly attached stuff. not cameras etc.

After living in that area (both sides of the forest) and having both my car and apartment robbed, I don't even keep trash visible. They're bastards in this area. I haven't heard of the course being a trouble spot though.

Sorry to hear about your car and stuff, Nick. It's a damn shame you can't enjoy a fun round of disc golf at a great course without worrying about your vehicle. I would start popping into the pawn shops in the area for the next week or two.

Ripper if you are reading this that frickin sucks balls. We need to find out who did this and kill them and bury them somewhere on Mt. Airy.

For those who have never met Ripper he reminds of of the character in the original Dirty Dozen. The gentle giant. Great easy going guy that I would not want pissed at me, and I think it would take a lot to piss him off.
To warm up for disc golf he throws truck tires!

Attachments

• 141795.gif
    141795.gif
    59.2 KB · Views: 49
  • festcccc.jpg
    festcccc.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 50
I read Ripper's posts in the Atlas thread, and I thought that somebody stole his Atlas, not broke into his car. That sucks! :thmbdown: My girlfriend, family, friends etc. think I am soo paranoid when I always double check that my car is locked and that nothing of value is visible at all, but it takes away the temptation for thieves, and I would rather be safe than sorry. Growing up in Trenton, and living in North Philly for years has conditioned me to be this way. I hope that whoever did this gets caught, and your stuff gets returned.

Thanks for all the kind words. Yes, if I ever did find out who stole my camera I would probably inflict brutal physical harm on them. :) They got my Canon t2i - sigma 18-200, Go Pro, and tripod and flash, all wrapped up in a nice kata bag, along with my work tools. It sucks.

Also, the brief interaction of the Cincy PD (just trying to get incident report for my work) is that my incident spoiled their social time unfortunately and pretty much told me I was an idiot for having stuff in my vehicle vs the ******* that broke out my window and stole my stuff.

Still had a good time and a fun round. I hope the guy that had is car broken into and his work laptop stolen is all right. My insurance is covering my glass for free, and my renter insurance will pay for camera but with 1000 dollar deductible i'm guessing it's kind of pointless to report a claim as it will pretty much be a wash. Just i'm taking some of these other people's advice in never leaving anything valuable in my car, and honestly don't see myself going to Mt Airey for ahwile. :(

For those who have never met Ripper he reminds of of the character in the original Dirty Dozen. The gentle giant. Great easy going guy that I would not want pissed at me, and I think it would take a lot to piss him off.
To warm up for disc golf he throws truck tires!

:) LOL Thanks for that. I don't get agitated by much. No matter how crappy the situation was it was still good to get to throw with you guys. This is the greatest game and glad to have met great people off this site. I think this was one of the few times my blood pressure spiked a little though. :) I'm still more concerned about the other guy that got vandalized in all honesty. I hope the pay to play has a gate to keep the rift raft out of the Mt Airey. Pay to play can't get here soon enough IMHO!

That sucks!!! I always tell my kids to make sure that there tablets and laptops are hidden when we go play anywhere. It is something I am always over paranoid about. Sorry to hear about this.:thmbdown:

For me Mt. Airy is a during the Nati hours only course. You know things like this have happened at idlewild also so really it does not matter where your at just make sure nothing is visible or don't bring it.

Last edited:
Nick, sorry to hear about the thieves breaking into your truck. I am checking on outside cameras for the Nati pro shop. One for the front of the shop and one for the parking lot. I've wanted to get them for a while but haven't been able to afford them.

Latest posts