• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

THings to do with an old (beat to s***) disc?

cdelosr1

Hey all,

I'm a fairly new disc golfer. A couple months back I found a moderately beat up DX beast (no number, no name, so I kept it) while trudging through brush looking for another disc.

I've been using it on-and-off until today, while playing at my local course, a very cute golden retriever decided to "retrieve" my disc. As you might imagine, a dog biting into a DX Beast totally trashed it. It still flies, but only comically, there's no life left (I think) in it as a disc.

So, my question is, what can I do with it? Repair it? Recycle it? Can you recycle DX plastic?

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, again, I'm new to this. Kindly let me know and I'll be happy to move it.

You can sand them down and make them into wall decorations, a cool spin paint job can look nice. Also have seen a couple with spray stencils look cool.

A few times I've heard of people recycling them them, don't know how well it goes.

If the dog messed it up bad, I'd just let him keep it. He will probably get more use than you at this point.

Watch some roller videos and try it as your first go-to roller disc. Also, practice it as a
hyzer-flip-turnover disc.

Innova first run star stamps make excellent clock faces

-edit- In case any of you read that in horror, the only 1st run discs I've used for this are Grooves and a Wahoo

Decorative; one nail hangs it. I am partial to clusters on garage walls with nails through the flight plates of dead or fractured discs (pieces).

I wish there was a company that would take our old, thrashed discs for recycling. I would be happy to mail them 5-10 beat discs in return for a couple fresh ones!

Decorative; one nail hangs it. I am partial to clusters on garage walls with nails through the flight plates of dead or fractured discs (pieces).

I think it was the disc shop in my home town that old, beat, broken discs nailed to the ceiling. Pretty cool way to display them.

Donate to a new player. Beat to $hit disc will be more understable and a good disc for new player to start out with.

Beat up discs make great rollers.

Understable discs are perfect for high altitude play. I have a beat up disc that will practically barrel roll at sea level that becomes a beautiful hyzer flip at high elevation.

Donate it to a new player. If you don't know any new players, just leave it at the first tee on your local course.

Hmmm, anybody seen a floor done in pennies?
I wonder if there is something like that that could be done? They are so big that the only thing I can think of would be siding a house with them, but they wouldn't stand up to sunlight for long enough, I'd guess.

Latest posts