• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things you are tired of hearing on a course....or never wanna hear!

I know people mean well but I hate hearing "Nice run". I would much rather hear "great putt".

I know people mean well but I hate hearing "Nice run". I would much rather hear "great putt".

I'm more in the habbit of saying shot or throw, you never know they were trying and how far from it the shot really was.

Do you know Jesus?
How's your relationship with Jesus?
Or something really obnoxious like....'Are you going to heaven? I am.....'
I'm so, so, SO glad I don't live near church courses anymore...crazy jesus freak...worse then stupid jehova's witnesses...I swear to freakin' christ;)

Why don't you just keep a scorecard for the round. That would eliminate any question of the score.

I have kept score on a card and he lies about the strokes he got, He says "I got par" and im like " you threw here,here,here,missed your putt and then made the 2 foot gimme putt, thats 5 total dude, not par". Basically we have this argument every hole or every other hole, hes just a cheater and ive accepted it, like i said if he ever plays a tournament he'll get slaughtered becouse hes not that good and someone will get waaaaaaaay more pissed than I do about his cheating. I just figure thats how he is (a bull****ter) and I accept it, hes made the mistake of betting me several times and never paid his debts when he loses either. Ill play disc with him once in a while but as far as trust in anything he says, there is none. As it is now he says he got a -3 when he's really 3 over and I just say o.k dude, "its your story" to let him know he's not fooling anyone.

I have kept score on a card and he lies about the strokes he got, He says "I got par" and im like " you threw here,here,here,missed your putt and then made the 2 foot gimme putt, thats 5 total dude, not par". Basically we have this argument every hole or every other hole, hes just a cheater and ive accepted it, like i said if he ever plays a tournament he'll get slaughtered becouse hes not that good and someone will get waaaaaaaay more pissed than I do about his cheating. I just figure thats how he is (a bull****ter) and I accept it, hes made the mistake of betting me several times and never paid his debts when he loses either. Ill play disc with him once in a while but as far as trust in anything he says, there is none. As it is now he says he got a -3 when he's really 3 over and I just say o.k dude, "its your story" to let him know he's not fooling anyone.

He probably would not enjoy tournaments anyway. They don't usually allow beer guzzling.

I really hate when people say "I'll take that"

Of course you will take that, it was your shot, you can't just shoot again..I don't know why but it really bothers me.

I love when people claim that their disc isnt a water penalty if they can throw from the water. WTF.
Sorry, but this thread is for things you hate to hear, not things you love to hear;).

I hate it when people are talking while someone is making a shot. Even if they lower their voice, it can still throw someone off.

oh and i hate the comment, "MAN, DG is has just gotten so much more mainstream in the last couple of years." i have been playing since i was 10. i have heard that for 16 years.

I love when people claim that their disc isnt a water penalty if they can throw from the water. WTF.

Me and my buddies always played throw it where it lies, if thats in the middle of the pond so be it, up 20 feet in a tree so be it, casual disc golf with friends isnt a sanctioned event you know? makes it interesting too, ive made 50 foot puts from out in a river or pond before.

Me and my buddies always played throw it where it lies, if thats in the middle of the pond so be it, up 20 feet in a tree so be it, casual disc golf with friends isnt a sanctioned event you know? makes it interesting too, ive made 50 foot puts from out in a river or pond before.

I agree, it can be fun to agree to ignore OB rules for a round, and make people shoot from ridiculous places when they shank a shot.

Things I don't wanna' hear on a course...

5. "dude, my disk bag was stolin from my garaje, can I burro a dolla"

4. "no we aren't looking for a disc, bro-man lost his stash in the leaves"

3. "did you guys hear chains, I swear I hit the basket"

2. "does that count as an ace?"

1. ""Hi I'm Tom Julio" :p

Latest posts