• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things you are tired of hearing on a course....or never wanna hear!

Tired of Hearing: After a bad throw, "It never does that." The fact that the disc does that on every hole has not convinced them yet I guess.

Never want to hear: "Hey buddy, you here for the gang bang..." (Apparently disc golf courses are notorious gay hang outs)

My friend is like this, he got like 5 bad throws with his disc and chucked into the woods and said someone can have it, he refuses to accept that it wasnt the disc

I use to play with some guys at school. One of them would inevitably say 'nice shot' or 'great shot' when the disc was hardly out of your hand - it would piss the other guy off so bad. From a third party pov, it was kind of funny.

When me and another guy play, we'll ask each other at least once in a round: "What did you just throw?" And then we're like, "why the heck did you throw that?" We both make each other pretty angry when we do that.

I "nice" people all the time. I hate doing it, but I am so into being positive and supportive on the course and wanted everyone to play well and have a good round, I totally wind up messing them up. Of course, I don't buy into that whole thing (if my throw hits a tree, its because I threw the disc on a line that would cause the tree and disc to try to be in the same place at the same time) but I get that is bugs people. I do it in real golf too. I hear "keep your mouth off my ball" all the time. My response is usually "if you could control your balls, you wouldn't have these problems." Wow, so I'm bored at work and totally rambling.

Never seen any gay get togethers on the courses around here. I'm ok with that.

Tired of Hearing: After a bad throw, "It never does that." The fact that the disc does that on every hole has not convinced them yet I guess.

Never want to hear: "Hey buddy, you here for the gang bang..." (Apparently disc golf courses are notorious gay hang outs)

^:eek:^:eek:^
I believe you just topped them all!

Tired of hearing,
1.) "I'm not running again as a club officer" and then the person holds an officer position for several years.
2.) "A Disc Golf club is owned by the members and not an individual" meanwhile the same person making the statement went out and registered a Trademark for the DG club's name under his own name.
3.) "It's for the betterment of the sport of Disc Golf" to justify personal beefs and to use DG as a means to get back at someone.
4.) "Hey, there's another fundraiser tournament" for a club that is a for profit venture. No non-profit filings for years.

And, of course,

5.) "YSO", you're still out.

Old School says:
todd_phillips_gangbang.jpg

Easterlin Park in Ft. Lauderdale used to be a big hook up spot for the gents before the course went in. One time my girlfriend, a buddy and I were walking from basket #18 back to hole #1s teepad when I spotted 'recline in the drivers seat guy' who was sitting in his car with a guy who I guess was named 'bob'. I took out my phone and said loudly, "The cops will respond quicker if I say they have a gun!" They peeled out of there pretty quick.

Easterlin Park in Ft. Lauderdale used to be a big hook up spot for the gents before the course went in. One time my girlfriend, a buddy and I were walking from basket #18 back to hole #1s teepad when I spotted 'recline in the drivers seat guy' who was sitting in his car with a guy who I guess was named 'bob'. I took out my phone and said loudly, "The cops will respond quicker if I say they have a gun!" They peeled out of there pretty quick.

That's hilarious!

I go disc golfing with this guy ive known for about 5 years, Sort of an "associate" not a great friend but is always down for a round of golf anytime anywhere. Hes kind of a big mouth, drinks a lot while hes playing and acts more and more beligerant as the alchohol in his system goes up. Hes very overly competitive and hates to lose bigtime, hes beat me about 5 times this year out of probly 100+ times weve played, he acts like a dick everytime he loses. The thing that bothers me is when I ask him what his score is fully well knowing already what his score actually is, he tells me something 2-3 strokes less than I know he actually has. Heres an example: Ive been minus 3 on the 18th tee and I ask him what he's got, he says minus 2 (with definite certanty in his voice, while he's wobbling back and forth burping up beer foam on his T-shirt). I know for a fact he's more like 2 over at the time but he wants so badly to keep up with me or even beat me that he lies about it. Ive called him out before lying about his strokes and he just gets all pissed off and starts acting like a ranting drunken 5 year old. I think if he wants to lie and be a great disc golfer in his own head for his own ego then thats fine and dandy, if he ever played a tournament he'd never get away with it and I know that, it just really bothers me watching someone cheating. If you suck dont keep score, just throw till your good enough to start keeping score. Can anybody relate to this?

I go disc golfing with this guy ive known for about 5 years, Sort of an "associate" not a great friend but is always down for a round of golf anytime anywhere. Hes kind of a big mouth, drinks a lot while hes playing and acts more and more belligerent as the alcohol in his system goes up. Hes very overly competitive and hates to lose big time, hes beat me about 5 times this year out of probably 100+ times we've played, he acts like a dick everytime he loses. The thing that bothers me is when I ask him what his score is fully well knowing already what his score actually is, he tells me something 2-3 strokes less than I know he actually has. Here's an example: Ive been minus 3 on the 18th tee and I ask him what he's got, he says minus 2 (with definite certainty in his voice, while he's wobbling back and forth burping up beer foam on his T-shirt). I know for a fact he's more like 2 over at the time but he wants so badly to keep up with me or even beat me that he lies about it. Ive called him out before lying about his strokes and he just gets all pissed off and starts acting like a ranting drunken 5 year old. I think if he wants to lie and be a great disc golfer in his own head for his own ego then thats fine and dandy, if he ever played a tournament he'd never get away with it and I know that, it just really bothers me watching someone cheating. If you suck don't keep score, just throw till your good enough to start keeping score. Can anybody relate to this?

You must be a glutton for punishment. I would play alone before I played with a person like this.

Take a look at Dan Michler's post round BS from my local club. They are absolutely hilarious.

http://discontinuum.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=4751.msg66486#msg66486

If you're new to the game you might be feeling insecure after a poor round at a tournament. Don't worry, just say 3 or 4 of the following things and you'll fit right in with almost every other disc golfer I've ever met. Just remember, a bad round is never really a sign of your skill level. There were freakish circumstances that led to your poor performance and you just need to let everybody else know what they were.

Disc golfers seem pretty insecure when things don't go well. I've heard even the top players use the most ridiculous excuses. I wonder if PGA Tour golfers have similar post-round conversations?

Most popular B.S. statements after tournament rounds....(i've used several of these frequently myself!)

I got spit-out ___ times.
I shot ___ here yesterday.
I've never played that bad in my life.
This guy in my group was annoying me the whole round.
I had ____ OB strokes.
I ticked every tree.
I've never seen so much bad luck as what I had.
I missed ____ 15 footers.
This other guy in my group got sooo lucky.
This guy on my card kept walking in my line.
We had to wait on every hole.
I just came here to have fun anyways.
I can't believe I lost to _______.
I never shoot good in the rain.
I never shoot good when its cold.
I never shoot good when its hot.
They put me on a card with women.
They put me on a card with juniors.
I was throwing really good, I just didn't score well.
I was playing awesome, until _______ happened.
This course is gay.
I'm just not used to playing in the morning.
I stayed up until 4am last night.
I'm not used to playing sober.
That was such a lefty course.
I gave up after Hole ____.
If I just would have laid up I would have gotten ___ place.
Those baskets suck.
I had to play with (choose one) Spazz/Ron Huspen/KVN/Tom McManus/Taylor Cimala/Dan Michler.
This guy on my card was taking it way too seriously.
Man, last year I finished in ___.
That was the longest round I've ever played.
I ran out of water out there.
I just never shoot good in tournaments.
That OB was so gay!
This tournament is a joke.
What was with that basket on the picnic table?
The TD is such a homo.
I never shoot good in tournaments on my home course.
I had 3 tourney rolls!
It was a huge headwind for our group on every hole.
I've just got a mental thing.

I go disc golfing with this guy ive known for about 5 years, Sort of an "associate" not a great friend but is always down for a round of golf anytime anywhere. Hes kind of a big mouth, drinks a lot while hes playing and acts more and more beligerant as the alchohol in his system goes up. Hes very overly competitive and hates to lose bigtime, hes beat me about 5 times this year out of probly 100+ times weve played, he acts like a dick everytime he loses. The thing that bothers me is when I ask him what his score is fully well knowing already what his score actually is, he tells me something 2-3 strokes less than I know he actually has. Heres an example: Ive been minus 3 on the 18th tee and I ask him what he's got, he says minus 2 (with definite certanty in his voice, while he's wobbling back and forth burping up beer foam on his T-shirt). I know for a fact he's more like 2 over at the time but he wants so badly to keep up with me or even beat me that he lies about it. Ive called him out before lying about his strokes and he just gets all pissed off and starts acting like a ranting drunken 5 year old. I think if he wants to lie and be a great disc golfer in his own head for his own ego then thats fine and dandy, if he ever played a tournament he'd never get away with it and I know that, it just really bothers me watching someone cheating. If you suck dont keep score, just throw till your good enough to start keeping score. Can anybody relate to this?

Why don't you just keep a scorecard for the round. That would eliminate any question of the score.

Why don't you just keep a scorecard for the round. That would eliminate any question of the score.
Just tell him that you dork out on this site and want to start keeping track of your scores.

For the record I'm a better putter after 3 beverages.