• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things you have lost on the course besides your discs

About a year ago i lost my brand new sony mp3 player. I took it off too get a disc from the water and guess i left my bag open and it fell out. I went back every day for a week and looked but never found it.

I've lost respect for players who find discs and dont return them. I also lost simple things like pens/pencils and towels. I've lost my urine several times as well.

I've lost a couple of travel coffee mugs during a early morning rounds. 7 am is too early for disc golf for me.

I lost my pocket knife. It was a gift for my first father's day. I tried to replace it and bought the exact same knife. I hope one day I'll forget that I bought it and think that it's the original knife.

It's the thought that counts good buddy - remember that. While not the original, you have the gift that was intended for you. You should feel no remorse keeping that little secret to yourself.

Now as for myself, as minor as it may be, I lost a sweet wood golf shoe brush that had metal spikes on the end, and was perfect for cleaning my shoes on muddy days... I always left it in the car, and used it after the round - the one round I decided to take it with me? It disappears on hole #14. Obviously not that big of a deal, but odd enough to share.

I lost my disc and in the process of finding it I also lost my car key with my alarm pad on it...and well..my car was armed...that sucked! It was my story about how I went to lowes "bought" a gas leaf blower, found my car keys..NEVER found the disc...returned the leaf blower and said Its not what I wanted :D and then a few months ago someone called me about that disc and now I have it again :)

or you walk all the way out there to find a secluded place to be polite and not bother anyone or make the course look bad and you didnt even bring a lighter and you got plenty to smoke but the place is a ghosttown. Then for some stupid reason you start looking around to see what u could start a fire with, like your freakin macgyver or survivor man.

or you walk all the way out there to find a secluded place to be polite and not bother anyone or make the course look bad and you didnt even bring a lighter and you got plenty to smoke but the place is a ghosttown. Then for some stupid reason you start looking around to see what u could start a fire with, like your freakin macgyver or survivor man.

that why i usually try burn out before i even start a round. there's always a light in the car

Actually, I lost myself the first time I played at Giles Run. If you're not familiar, Giles is a gigantic course built on 53 acres of land on the grounds of a former prison. The frist time I played it, I was alone- NO ONE was on the course, and this was in the middle of August. The Course offers very little shade, and the layout is confusing for a first timer. It took 15 minutes for me to figure out where the first hole was! Then I got turned around trying to fing hole 5- because the tee box for hole 6 is next to the basket for 4...as I said, confusing.... but that wasn't the worst of it...

I got to Hole 7, and saw a sign that said "Path to Hole 8", pointing toward the woods, so I follow a long path that goes down a valley and over a stream, then back up a steep slope, but when I emerge I see the tee box has "Hole 12" on it. (This was wrong, someone, as a cruel hoax had swiched the Hole 8 pro tee box sign with the one for Hole 12). So assuming I was at the wrong hole, I went back into the woods, and followed a very long windy path that finally emerged by Hole 12...the real one. So I ended up playing Hole 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16, which ironically winds back to where I originally had come out of the woods at Hole 8.... so now I'm REALLY confused.... so I turned around, and walked all the way across the back holes to hole 12... and went back into the trail that I came from, and eventually ended up on a perimeter trail. Now mind you, this is a 151 acre park, and the perimeter trail is desolate...NOONE on it... luckily, I walked in the right direction, and eventually ended up at the parking lot and the safety of my car.

Needless to say, the next time I went to Giles, I found a local and let him show me the course, and I brought plenty of water. It's my favorite course, but I sure learned a lesson that day...respect the Giles!

I lost my truck keys with the keyless entry fab. I looked for about an hour and had to resort to calling my wife to bring my my spare set. Needless to say, she was not very happy since she had to drive 20 minutes to meet me.

Latest posts