• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thinking about moving up in speed

Another vote for the star Tern here! For me, it flies like a longer star Valk. I don't have a huge arm but the best controlled distance throws I've ever had were with the star or g-star Terns.

Pro Wraiths and pro Destroyers, with a little seasoning, also work great for me, and behave a little better in the wind than the Tern.

For me, the g* tern gets the easiest distance for narrow, low ceiling shots, up to 380+. when there is more room, the big z crank will go further 425+. Im not talking about throwing the crank on an anhyzer line. Slight hyzer release, flips to flat, finishes with more fade than the g* tern. I did just pick up a champ and a star tern, but haven't had a chance to see what they can do yet.

Another vote for the star Tern here! For me, it flies like a longer star Valk. I don't have a huge arm but the best controlled distance throws I've ever had were with the star or g-star Terns.

Pro Wraiths and pro Destroyers, with a little seasoning, also work great for me, and behave a little better in the wind than the Tern.

Not to take the thread, just have a question and since this is current, I'll ask here. I see a lot of people talking about the easy distance from a Tern, and people that dont have big arms still get more distance. When you say you dont have a huge arm, what do you mean? I'm interested in the tern, but I havent been throwing anything about speed 9 drivers. I toss my Saints and Valkyries anywhere from 325-350' on most days. Should I expect the Tern to not fly like a Tern, and not provide much more distance if any? Or is it really that great and add to my D (distance).

I'm interested in the tern, but I havent been throwing anything about speed 9 drivers. I toss my Saints and Valkyries anywhere from 325-350' on most days. Should I expect the Tern to not fly like a Tern, and not provide much more distance if any? Or is it really that great and add to my D (distance).

I throw Valks 350-360' and can get 25-30' more with a Tern.

I agree with the post above, I can throw a valk/saint 300 but the tern just goes deeper. a high speed under stable disc is a sweet thing. if you don't have a lot of room to work it, a slight hyzer will let it pop up and go deep. I have a 163 glow tern that is very stable, the g star does what a tern should do.

I throw Valks 350-360' and can get 25-30' more with a Tern.

I agree with the post above, I can throw a valk/saint 300 but the tern just goes deeper. a high speed under stable disc is a sweet thing. if you don't have a lot of room to work it, a slight hyzer will let it pop up and go deep. I have a 163 glow tern that is very stable, the g star does what a tern should do.

thanks guys. I'll be sure to give it some work - I ordered one last night because, why not? Everyone else seems to have them bagged, or at least have thrown them and liked them.

Well I just got 2 more discs. I got a Opto Flow and what I thought was a Champ Glow Beast turned out to just be a Champ Glow-looking Beast :(. going to take it back probably next week and see if they have a Tern then. They didn't have any glow Terns this time which is what I was looking for.

I had an opt flow that was mega beefy. The tournament plastic sword is the way to go. Tons of easy distance. A bolt is easy distance also but gets flippy fast

I think the Destroyer is a good choice when discing up as still a little understable at beginning of flight in the right weights. Dont just grab a 175 because it is what everone else uses.

If you have not tried a s11 Wraith you may want to go one step at a time.

On the flip side I get the most distance out of my 168 G* Boss. My other drivers are around 170-172 so you see what I mean by start light.