• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

THIS IS WHY YOU SHIP MULTIPLES IN A BOX >>>

pablo.diablo

Eagle Member
Just got my brand new Rivals today, unfortunately they were packed 4-deep in a bubble mailer. All trashed.

DF8024A0-orig.jpg

73C89922-orig.jpg

EB6B1574-orig.jpg

985FA42F-orig.jpg

:gross:

I post this not as an affront to the seller (who I am sure will take good care of me for the error), I am posting this as a Public Service Announcement to any Marketplace sellers that ship lots, boutique/rare, and multiples of brand new discs.

Don't let this happen to you, drop a couple of extra bucks on the box version or ask for $3-5 more in your price to cover the better shipping method, or at least make the option for a box a recommendation in your thread.

One time I received a "brand new" CE Whippet with a dent in the flightplate because the seller shipped in a plain bubble mailer (postman set a heavy box on it?), even though I paid $70+ for the disc. Therefore, I made it a personal policy to always ship in a box under the following circumstances:

- Boutique discs valued at $30-$40+
- Lot of 2+ discs
- Rare putters

And at the very least, I will slide a cardboard insert (empty 6-pack holders work in a pinch) against the flightplate when using a bubble mailer for any boutique driver and EVERY putter (most likely to warp).

When shipping gummy discs (won't warp from bending) or single discs under $40 value I usually ship in a normal bubble mailer. If there is any question I will give it a cardboard insert. I think a lot of people would say that while I'm not always the fastest shipper, I try to get it done right.

put disc upside down on flat level surface, pure hot water into the disc, let sit till water is cool. repeat till disc is leveled back out

I've never had a disc bent like that not return to perfect shape with a day or two sitting on a flat surface. It's annoying, but not permanent.

I got a group of discs back from the unfortunate brainwave incident, and I don't know if it was the shipping from the shop I BOUGHT the disc from that went to Jeff, or if it was the 4 discs in a mailer on the way back, but somewhere between all that, my white 1st run Icon Ghost was nice and warped how your rivals look...

I did the boiling water into the bottom of the disc and covered it up to flatten it back, and it did bring it back SOMEWHAT to the original shape (and flattened out the ghost) but it's not perfect yet. I did that trick a few times with a bit of success. That ghost is in a bin with all my other discs at the moment, but when I get a chance, I'm going to try Mashnut's method of simply letting it sit flat on a table for a bit and hope for the best.

Sorry about your luck with those rivals...all mine reached me with no problems.... I know the "seller" will most likely make it right.

Also, to elaborate a bit on what Mashnut said about letting them naturally flatten out, it could take a little longer with those rivals because the plastic is so stiff, but don't give up hope.

The most I will put in a bubble mailer is 3 and I make sure they are stacked on top of each other and the package is wrapped tightly so they won't warp.

Hopefully you can salvage them.

I know the water trick, but I should not have to resort to this!

The purple one (which ironically doesn't look bad in the photo like in-person), is so bad I don't think it can be fixed. They will likely retain some of the warp imo because the RIM is twisty. Only 1 of the 4 looks truly fixable.

The real point is that I paid for these to be in brand new condition, not to have to modify them back to their intended mold! If they were used I would try the water trick. I'm not doing that to these, and I shouldn't have to fellas. Any seller/store worth there salt would make this right, not ask ME to do something like that.

The photos don't look half as bad as they are, they look like absolute trash in person. The orange one is somewhat OK but black and purple are WASTED.

Last edited:
Been there, seen that, fixed it. Like B3nder and others have said, boiling water on a flat surface, then I just put an encyclopedia on top of it and let it cool until the next morning or whenever. Repeat as necessary. I will say you are 100% correct though, when mailing 3-4 discs just find a box, usually it's maybe $1 or so extra if you find the right box....

I know the water trick, but I should not have to resort to this!

The purple one (which ironically doesn't look bad in the photo like in-person), is so bad I don't think it can be fixed. They will likely retain some of the warp imo because the RIM is twisty. Only 1 of the 4 looks truly fixable.

The real point is that I paid for these to be in brand new condition, not to have to modify them back to their intended mold! If they were used I would try the water trick. I'm not doing that to these, and I shouldn't have to fellas. Any seller/store worth there salt would make this right, not ask ME to do something like that.

The photos don't look half as bad as they are, they look like absolute trash in person. The orange one is somewhat OK but black and purple are WASTED.

I agree, the responsibility/work of fixing them shouldn't fall on you....

Great suggestion on the box shipping, as I've experienced this as well.

One thing that's worked for me (on moderately twisted/bent discs) is to put them on a level hard bookshelf with two or three reams of printer paper on top for a week or two. The plastic gets bent back and tends to retain the flat shape, although those may be too far gone...

Sorry to hear/see that.

Tim S.