• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This stamp needs to happen.

Destroyer_Star_Avery_Jenkins_2009_PDGA_World_Champion.jpg

Women, in general, aren't as marketable when it comes to sports. Is it unfair? Absolutely not.

Ya'll can hang posters of big sweaty men in your room....I will keep my pictures of female athletes.

My friend Ashley found the coverage of the ladies on vibram more entertaining then Barry's 1100 round. She doesn't have any ladies sig discs though- I can't find any besides the aviars:(

It's new, I told one of my friends that Innova didn't make one but I saw one on their website and one at a state park I play at about 2 days later so I looked pretty stupid... but yeah they do have them
I have never seen an Avery Jenkins signature Star Destroyer.. I see lots of Destroyers, but no Avery ones.

Lots of Avery hate on this board for no good reasons at all. It takes alot to win Worlds and in that moment in time he was the best!

Get off his back he is a top player.

As for the lady discs, they should make some more lady gear and discs as well. I think the market can only grow from here.

I posted a pic of an AJ Star Destroyer above, but it was edited out for some reason. That was my main reason for the post...

Anyway, here's some more AJ mulimedia for your enjoyment:

That was an 11x KC Aviar if you were wondering... he says that in the other video.

Last edited:
But they can play at the USDGC...and that would be a feat too! Every other year they have a chance to win.

Valarie played in the USDGC last year.

Sarah passes it up because she would rather play USWDGC and cannot take both off as they are almost consecutive weeks.

Lots of Avery hate on this board for no good reasons at all. It takes alot to win Worlds and in that moment in time he was the best!

Get off his back he is a top player.

As for the lady discs, they should make some more lady gear and discs as well. I think the market can only grow from here.

I don't hate Avery. I just think that he is overhyped on the discussion boards. Look at the threads discussing tournament predictions. How many people take Avery vs. the other guys ranked above him? Ulibarri, Barsby, Orum, Owens, Doss and Williams are all ranked higher than he, and yet there is no love for them. Furthermore, when I have seen him play or watched him on film, he is typically one of the poorer putters. He makes up for some of it with his huge arm, but it is also the reason he doesn't win many big tournaments.

It was a 12x, no big deal though, just look at my sig.

I was just watching it over again and saw it was 12x... too late to edit though :doh:

as long as we're making corrections... "Sweet putt from the teepad"

I posted a pic of an AJ Star Destroyer above, but it was edited out for some reason. That was my main reason for the post...

Anyway, here's some more AJ mulimedia for your enjoyment:

That was an 11x KC Aviar if you were wondering... he says that in the other video.

The guy in the background remains his cool the entire time... That is one cool composed guy.:thmbup:

The guy in the background remains his cool the entire time... That is one cool composed guy.:thmbup:

My friend and I have a secret alliance to remain calm upon one of us getting an ace. We hope to bewilder anyone playing with us by giving a standard, "Nice shot" and continue to walk on like it's standard. I've had a couple close calls, and immediately after I realized how hard it's going to be to keep a straight face:|

He's a lot like your current cat avatar.

Well Played.

Haha I was bombed when I got my first ace ever. The only celebration was a puzzled look on my face followed by a high 5 from both of my friends before we walked off the tee area. 2 other witnesses were like "WTF why are you not going nuts right now???"

Not an easy ace either. Big skip (around 65 feet) around some huge trees into the chains.

I know it seems like I am hating on Avery (I kinda am), but people look at him like he is God's gift to disc golf, and frankly it is really annoying. Objectively I just don't like his demenor, and I know some stories about him I don't like, and he had problems with one of my friends on tour. I'm all for talking someone up that deserves it, even if I don't like him. I mean if Avery was consistently competetive I wouldn't mind as much.

I guess I look at it like this, if Avery and Nikko swapped abilitiy levels I would not think twice about agreeing Avery was awesome, even if I didn't like him. THe truth of the matter is he gets a lot of credit were credit isn't due. (Like being on team star before he did ANYTHING, when Dave had to jump through hoops and win every tournament in exsistance before being on team star)

Latest posts