• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thought I Would Share Our First Round

tnfishdaddy

Bought some discs yesterday. Braved the cold this afternoon in the backyard and tried them out. Good grief. Not as easy as it looks. Now I use to be able to throw a frisbee back in the day pretty good. These things aren't anything like a frisbee. Everything went straight up and to the left. And I think I could have spit farther than the discs were going. It was in the low twenties so we didn't last very long.

Right before dark, my youngest convinces me to take him to the local 9 hole a few minutes from the house. It is behind Tusculum College and I don't think it gets played very much. We pulled up and just started making up our own holes. Turns out we still suck at throwing but that didn't stop us from having fun. The more we played, the straighter the discs started to fly. Now don't get me wrong, we still stink but I did see some improvement.We snapped a couple of pics of the evening.

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now I need to go and print off the map for the course so we can play it like it is suppose to be played next time we go.

That is so cool, glad to see you and your son having so much fun! Disc golf is a very frustrating activity if you don't have patience to learn. If you can remember this saying, your play will improve. Slow is smooth and smooth is far. But NEVER forget, whomever (whoever?) has the most fun, wins!

When you get some quality time with your kid like that, how badly you played is kind of irrelevant. Hopefully, you both stick with it.

When you get some quality time with your kid like that, how badly you played is kind of irrelevant. Hopefully, you both stick with it.

:clap:

Glad to see you guys enjoying this crazy game that we like to obsess over. If you ever want any help learning to throw just wander on over to the technique section. There are plenty of people over there who can help you get started.

Welcome!

I've been playing a lot with my dad. We're 42 and 66, but it's still a lot of fun and good quality time spent together. I've been snapping a few photos every round. We don't play very well, but we have a blast.

Keep it up! Those discs are just going to fly farther every time you play!

Like anything the more you put in the more you get out. Glad to see you having some family time. Its all about the fun.

Looks like the boy is hooked already, lol. Glad to see you guys enjoying this great sport together. Time spent with loved ones is time well spent. It took me over a year to "really" get it , when it comes to technique. It wasn't until I saw our local 1000 rated player(top professional) play that I realized I wasn't maximizing my potential.

Killer beard, BTW

Welcome to the site! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to drag me out to the course! I'm not that great, but I'm much better than I was the first couple of rounds. Even though I'm not very good I still love playing! It's just nice to be outside, even in the cold weather!