• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Thought Space Athletics

Anyone got experience with the Animus? Seems like it could be a useful mold, based on the numbers. But would like to hear a first hand account on what it flies like.

Anyone got experience with the Animus?

I have a 168g Ethereal.

I do not get any turn out of it (stupid noodle arm). So maybe HSS - 0 and LSS - 2.5 for me.

For reference, I have some newish 167-169g dx Wraiths i use for field work that will flip up from a slight hyzer, gently turn over, and then fade back for a nice gentle S flight. I get about 350 ft. on a decent pull.

Why are your discs models basically the exact dimensions as some Mint models?

Pathfinder= Mustang
Animus=Longhorn
Mantra=Freetail

1: Are they the same molds?
2: Are you just a stamp company?

I know MVP makes your discs but are 2 companies (TSA and Mint) selling the same discs under different names for different prices?

One example... (Flashing/irregularity could account for tiny difference)

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-02-21-17-52-20.jpg
    Capture+_2021-02-21-17-52-20.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Capture+_2021-02-21-17-55-16.jpg
    Capture+_2021-02-21-17-55-16.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 62
Why are your discs models basically the exact dimensions as some Mint models?

Pathfinder= Mustang
Animus=Longhorn
Mantra=Freetail

1: Are they the same molds?
2: Are you just a stamp company?

I know MVP makes your discs but are 2 companies (TSA and Mint) selling the same discs under different names for different prices?

One example... (Flashing/irregularity could account for tiny difference)

The rim configuration listed by the PDGA is quite a bit different so they do not appear to be the same molds.

Hey so..... Someone should cut me off FB haha, I tossed in a low bid on a glow pathfinder ha, I really don't need more mids... I've got a bounty in the mail one day, soon as the guy finishes the dye job (charity fund raiser). This time it's a first time seller and I thought hey I'll toss him a bump for $25 :D so.....

Who wants to tell me about Pathfinder ? I read good things like it's a more glidey buzzz.

5 5 0 1

Hey so..... Someone should cut me off FB haha, I tossed in a low bid on a glow pathfinder ha, I really don't need more mids... I've got a bounty in the mail one day, soon as the guy finishes the dye job (charity fund raiser). This time it's a first time seller and I thought hey I'll toss him a bump for $25 :D so.....

Who wants to tell me about Pathfinder ? I read good things like it's a more glidey buzzz.

5 5 0 1
pathfinder and Mustang are both great.., but I wouldn't say more glides than a Buzzz. Very Buzzzish overall

Would love to try the Mantra but feels like that disc has been sold out for over a year, will we ever see a restock or is new molds a prio?

I really love the Praxis and would like it in a "putter plastic". . IS the Mint Bullet the same mold?

Just picked up a stack of TSA discs. . a few in Glow and the glow is quite good. . is this Eclipse 2.0 plastic?

i like my muses but not really getting anything special out of the votum. not bad, but not standout-ish or gonna kick anything out of my bag. looks cool as hell though

i like my muses but not really getting anything special out of the votum. not bad, but not standout-ish or gonna kick anything out of my bag. looks cool as hell though

Votum kicked Undertaker out of my bag. . not better or worse. but i like the plastic and the look.

I bought 7 TSA discs now and non of them had flashing. . .thats great!
95% of all disc i buy from all brands i need to give them some time with the sanding block. . .but not the TSA discs.
The TSA discs are even better than the Royal line from Lat 64

The Praxis, Pathfinder and Votom is a great combo, straight with a very small fade at the end. . all of them flies similar

Votum kicked Undertaker out of my bag. . not better or worse. but i like the plastic and the look.

I bought 7 TSA discs now and non of them had flashing. . .thats great!
95% of all disc i buy from all brands i need to give them some time with the sanding block. . .but not the TSA discs.
The TSA discs are even better than the Royal line from Lat 64

The Praxis, Pathfinder and Votom is a great combo, straight with a very small fade at the end. . all of them flies similar

been using the TSA Muse for my putter, i like the baseline plastic

been using the TSA Muse for my putter, i like the baseline plastic

I bought two to test and the plastic is stiff but grippy..I like it.

But I think the MUSE is made by someone else than MVP so I guess we will never see the MUSE in one of the other TSA plastics

Would love to try the Mantra but feels like that disc has been sold out for over a year, will we ever see a restock or is new molds a prio?

I got a Mantra in I believe Ethereal plastic I am going to probably sell soon if you are interested. They seem to be very expensive on eBay and I'm guessing just because the mold is OOP? Either way, I'm not gonna be charging $70-$80 for the disc.

Just got in on the Animus drop today.
Currently bagging 3 Grace's as my max distance driver, but I like having multiple plastic options for my discs. Recentltly fell in love with the Praxis, so i thought I'd give the Animus a shot. Hoping these will take over and possibly give me a touch more stability for windy situations (I have high hopes for the glow ��)

Has anyone here thrown both and know how they compare?

I use the Grace as my driver. .the stock run as my flippy and the Tattar as my stable..

I have all the TSA molds exept MANTRA in the bag and the new Animus looks fun, i want that banana stamp :)
The Animus drop got delayed here in Sweden but i hope to try them next week, i think the Animus will be more stable than the Tattar Grace, at least i hope so.

The Animus drop got delayed here in Sweden but i hope to try them next week, i think the Animus will be more stable than the Tattar Grace, at least i hope so.

I got out and threw the Aura Animus (174g) yesterday (keep in mind, this was in 15* weather... so take my results with a grain of salt) I was able to flip the Animus to flat much easier than a fresh Grace, and the fade seemed about the same. I punched it hard on a forehand with a touch of hyzer, and it flipped up beautifully, didn't burn over, and then had a nice, solid fade. The Animus didn't seem quite as fast, or glidey, but again, it was freezing and the plastic was brick hard. The flight seemed more like a wide rimmed CD2 than a Grace or Wraith. The flip happened a bit later in the flight than my Grace, which was nice to see, my beat up Graces flip really early; curious to see if that quality will stay consistent as it wears in. Excited to see how it feels/flies in the summer months. Side note- the plastic, while being wildly stiff in the cold, was still nice and tacky, even after taking a few dives in the snow

Love the Bananimus stamp!

YES..i got two :)

For my slower arm the Animus is on the OS side.

My stoch GRACE is my straight to US driver. . the Tattar GRACE my slight OS one.,,,,,and the Amimus is just a hair more OS than the Tattar Grace...and a bit slower.

I feel like the Animus more feels like a fast fairway like the Anax than a pure driver

Latest posts