• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thoughts on a portable basket before I buy..

well I bit the bullet and ordered the Mach II,Had a look at some spec charts for the mach 2 and 3,then ran up to my local course down the road and im fairly certain those are mach 3's. It appeared to be the same dimensions as the mach 2,same pole specs "beside the mach 2 being a 2 piece" and basket material. I think the only difference is number of chains with the mach 2 having 6 less chains in the middle. So it seems close enough to a basket I'l be playing on,price was decent and I should be able just to leave it in the yard all year. Hopefully I made a good choice and wont regret it,Thank you everyone for your help and recommendations.

I believe you mean Mach V is what is at your home course.
Mach II and Mach V are similar, Mach III are completely different.
Or I may be remembering incorrectly.

I have looked at the DB-5 its in the price range and looks pretty heavy duty and looks to be very popular and sold out just about everywhere.
I looked for mach 2 videos,,I couldnt fine any!? anyone know of any?

I just bought a db5 2 weeks ago didn't see that they were sold out on that link sorry.

I believe you mean Mach V is what is at your home course.
Mach II and Mach V are similar, Mach III are completely different.
Or I may be remembering incorrectly.

It does sound like he's talking about the Mach V. The Mach III has outer chains plus the 6 hanging straight down around the pole.

Im confused,from what I read the Mach 3 has 12 outer chains and 12 inner chains. That is how the baskets are at my two local courses. I know there DGA but thats all it says on them at the park.
I looked up the specs on the Mach V and those say it has 12 outer chains,6 mid chains and 6 inner chains.
The mach 2 says it comes with 12 outer chains and 6 inner chains,but all the dimensions from the basket size to the pole thickness seem to be the same across the board. I think the other difference was the mach 2 now has the sliding hook thingies on top where the other two are just looped.

But all say 3/8th basket material,all galvanized,So am I correct assuming it will be the same quality as at the park "and its a mach 3 with 12 outer and 12 inner?" Just my mach 2 will have 6 less chains in the middle? I guess I'll find out in a week or so,,kinda late now its already been ordered,lol But thats what im expecting,hope im not disappointed!

Im confused,from what I read the Mach 3 has 12 outer chains and 12 inner chains. That is how the baskets are at my two local courses. I know there DGA but thats all it says on them at the park.
I looked up the specs on the Mach V and those say it has 12 outer chains,6 mid chains and 6 inner chains.
The mach 2 says it comes with 12 outer chains and 6 inner chains,but all the dimensions from the basket size to the pole thickness seem to be the same across the board. I think the other difference was the mach 2 now has the sliding hook thingies on top where the other two are just looped.

But all say 3/8th basket material,all galvanized,So am I correct assuming it will be the same quality as at the park "and its a mach 3 with 12 outer and 12 inner?" Just my mach 2 will have 6 less chains in the middle? I guess I'll find out in a week or so,,kinda late now its already been ordered,lol But thats what im expecting,hope im not disappointed!
They are the same baskets but are different chain configs, the mach 2 has less inner chains that are further out from the pole and more spaced out.

I just checked, a Mach III is a completely different style basket, when compared to the Mach II and V

It is a bit confusing. The mach III and "new" mach V use the same basket tray, but different tops with the III having just two rows of chains, while the V has three rows of chains and sliders. The mach II uses the old basket tray which is slightly shorter and has one less vertical bar and the same top as the V, but no middle chains. The old mach V used the same basket tray as the mach II.

The Mach II arrived today,The son and I put it together and putted around for about 20 mins,so I didnt really give it a good testing,but seem to work ok.
I do see what people meant about those dead center pole kick outs.

Had a question about the finish though,It is made from the same thickness as the ones you see in the park,but the finish seems quit a bit different?
Mine is a shinny silvery color while the ones at the park are a dull grey,Is this just due to weather and age,or are the hot dipped galvanized finishes different?
They also seem smoother at the park,,some of my chains have pointy flashes on them as well as some of the finish elsewhere.

Is this where they differ in quality and why the price spikes up another $200+ to the next basket,or will mine beat in after it has weathered and aged?

But for my needs,it should do fine. Seems like a solid basket well suited for the yard.

Latest posts