• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

thoust knees, shall be squeezed

HyzerUniBomber

* Ace Member *
I have been regressing in my form as I was trying to boost my momentum into the plant step.

So very quickly we can slide back down the painstakingly blazed path up the hill. I think my timing improved and I stopped paying attention to my lower body... started using toe drag to simulate balance.

Back at the ranch, flipped it back to my natural right handed hockey shot and felt the differences. HUGE DIFFERENCES... which is frustrating, but I'm glad to have caught it.

In my RIGHT handed hockey shot - I distinctly feel the top of my right thigh and knee pointed forward and behind my plant knee. I can shift weight and there's a natural bracing that can take a large amount of momentum, and I don't remotely feel like I'm tipping past the front of the A-Frame.

In my right handed DG backhand - I feel the top of my left thigh and knee pointing less forward, and NOT pointed behind my plant knee. The more momentum I push into it - I'm tipping out to the side.

Wanted to also thank you guys for the input during the x-step direction conversation. I made some minor changes in my line up and it seems to have really helped .

Same thing for me, I can feel when it's right or off a bit with the RHBH, but my right handed baseball swing (opposite direction) has the correct bracing where everything just lines up and I can get so much transfer into it from my rear foot/hip. At least I can feel when my RHBH is more correct, and I have something to compare it to. It's just frustrating how I can't do it quite the same way, especially with consistency.

Also it's tough when I want to see if I get more distance out of shots...which means I'm going into it a bit faster than I should and throwing harder than I should, which makes me apply the speed at the wrong time. Best results are with a deliberate step in and 70-80% power. When things feel right I can throw my putters as hard as I want and they feel HSS. When it's off even the slightest, they flip over. It's going to take time to understand how to get that positioning every time I go out.

I just try to remember how slowly McBeth and Schusterick seem to go into shots that other people are running into, and they both have over 500' of power so consistently.

I think my timing improved and I stopped paying attention to my lower body... started using toe drag to simulate balance.

Toe drag is an indicator of what, spinning rather than planting and bracing?

I ask because I notice myself doing a lot of toe drag on most of my normal run-ups. I don't think I do it on lighter run-ups simply because I'm not trying to build as much momentum on those shots.

I have a feeling this might help me understand why some of my throws slip out a bit early while others come out late, VERY fast, and to the right.

Toe drag is an indicator of what, spinning rather than planting and bracing?

Exactly. When I plant for my hockey shot - I can feel a position where the top of my thighs are crushed together. Eagle McMahon said to me, "Like when I smash my legs together?" to describe how braced he gets.

I was starting to cheat my brace, so that I wasn't really loading the plant leg to take the shift - and then I'd drag my toe to slow down my momentum so that I could end up in the proper finishing position.

One way to see if you're cheating with the toe drag is to imitate Climo and get that back foot way up off the ground and see what happens.

Depends on what you mean by toe drag. This is good "toe drag":

See how will can leave his back leg behind him? I was not doing that long enough to load. It would start there and end up coming around too easy.

As long as you get that hip impact/recoil at the brace does it really matter if the back foot stays behind or swings around? Obviously I do not mean freely spinning around the front leg, but after the impact.

Ive seen differences in that but mostly think its due to the swing plane. Anhyzers tend to come around while hyzers stay flexed on plant.

If Paige Pierce's mind was put into Koling's body we would see a 900'+ distance record.

I can't wait for my brace leg/hip to stop being sore (gonna need some rest) to get back to it. I went and overdid it.