• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

three tourneys in

gsdtimmay

hey everyone,

just wanted to get a feel maybe from some advanced players as to how their early tournament play was. I've now played in three tournaments, all southern national events in the am division (city of mobile, pot of gold, and sunset classic). i've cashed in all three which i'm obviously happy about (11th, 7th, and 13th respectably). i feel my game is improving, but my putting and upshot game is what is seperating me from winning my first title. i'm getting my own target finally so i can work in my yard all the time in a week or so. basically my question was, for those of you that have moved up to advanced, what was it that you did or worked on the most that allowed you to move up to the top of the am division and then make the jump up? how long did it take you? i'm determined to be a pro within two more years, only been playing nine months total, is that reasonable?

very reasonable...playing with better people helps tremendously...you will "hit a wall" playing in ams too long..putting is numero uno IMO...drive for show, putt for dough

yes i know putting is what i need to improve on the most. i put fairly well when i practice but it seems like i can't make anything outside 25 in a tourney, especially birdie putts lmao