• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throw high, nose down.

Throwing that high (75') and the trees are 100 ft out..... throwing over won't get u to the hole unless you can throw like 500'. Once it is up there, u use all the power up vertically. You will never get the distance to reach and IF u do, it won't be something you can consistently do every time you play that hole

I bet the hole requires some accuracy and technique to throw down the hallway or something. Maybe playin it correctly, instead of tryin some Macho trick shot, would be better.

if there is a pic of the hole, it may be easier for us to understand and visiualize the shot u want to shape

One word.

THUMBER!!!

Actaully 2 words: Thumber or Tomahawk.

I didn't think about these throws until u mentioned it. I use a Tommy on a hole that has trees 80', 80' in front of you. But the hole is only like 260'. I can barely reach it because I have to "get it up" so quickly that it doesn't get enough forward force

oh, heck, i'll say it

try the epic - for a one trick pony, its the perfect shot for this disc

for 8 bucks, its worth a shot, i guess i'd only recommend that only if you can overhand other discs 270 or so, epic has easy potential to hit 450+ if you throw overhands with snap, and it only works when thrown obscenely high - i picture it clearing the trees you describe with ease

oh, heck, i'll say it

try the epic - for a one trick pony, its the perfect shot for this disc

for 8 bucks, its worth a shot, i guess i'd only recommend that only if you can overhand other discs 270 or so, epic has easy potential to hit 450+ if you throw overhands with snap, and it only works when thrown obscenely high - i picture it clearing the trees you describe with ease

tough shot to make...but it is the shot with the epic

In the meantime, anhyzer if you can with a SurgeSS Z....if may be easier with an esp flash...as a matter a fact, the flash may be it for such an anhyzer bomb

I need some advice here on how to throw a disc high over trees. A few holes at a course here has trees about 100-150 feet down the fairway that I want to throw over. The problem is that they are between 50-75 feet high and when I throw my driver in order to clear the trees, I throw the disc with a nose up angle, thus it goes out a ways, stalls, turns left and dives right down. I throw RHBH, get about 350' on my drives. What is a good technique to throw a disc high, with getting the nose down so I get some respectable distance and not having it fade and stall? Obviously an overhead shot would be a great alternative, but have yet to develop that shot. Any suggestions?

what are you trying to pitch over the top? might try something a little more understable. flip it over the tree. throw the hyzer at it, let it flip up, continue forward over the trees, might give you some turn or atleat keep the disc from fading so soon.

Latest posts