• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

throwing from wrong lie question

gcanter2376

Eagle Member
Got a rules question. I was playing with two friends yesterday and on the last hole one friend threw from the other friends lie by accident and then picked it up the other friends disc also.. When the other friend went to throw is when we realized what happened. If we were playing a tournament what do you do in that situation?

Get out a rule book. (This should be the first thing you do.)

And then find this rule:
If no subsequent throws have been made after the misplayed throw, the player shall continue play from the correct lie and be assessed a one-throw penalty for the misplay. If an additional throw or throws have been made after the misplayed throw, the player shall complete the hole being played and be assessed a two-throw penalty for the misplay.

Got a rules question. I was playing with two friends yesterday and on the last hole one friend threw from the other friends lie by accident and then picked it up the other friends disc also.. When the other friend went to throw is when we realized what happened. If we were playing a tournament what do you do in that situation?

803.03 Misplay

G. Types of misplay:
1. Incorrect Lie. The player has:
a. Teed off from a teeing area that is not the correct teeing area for the current hole; or,
b. Thrown from a lie established by a disc other than the thrown disc; or,
c. Played an out-of-bounds disc as if it were in-bounds; or,
d. Thrown from a lie established by a previous throw which passed a mandatory on the wrong side.

If no subsequent throws have been made after the misplayed throw, the player shall continue play from the correct lie and be assessed a one-throw penalty for the misplay. If an additional throw or throws have been made after the misplayed throw, the player shall complete the hole being played and be assessed a two-throw penalty for the misplay.

The disc is replaced as close to the original location as possible and the second player (the one to whom the disc belongs) plays from it with no penalty.

banishment

he would be banished forever from the sport of disc golf. if any one saw him playing they would have the right to take every disc he had on him and kick him in the dick

Ok thanks guys. Was just a casual round but i guess I need to start carrying my rule book with me in case it was to happen somewhere else.