• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throwing off ice/snow

I am currently recovering from a mystery pain in my right foot which I think was from wearing ice cleats. It was so bad I ended up getting xrays because I was convinced I broke something. Not sure what the region is called but it was on the outside of my foot between my pinky toe and ankle. If you're going to throw with cleats on I strongly suggest standstill only throws and even then I don't think they are a good idea.

I am currently recovering from a mystery pain in my right foot which I think was from wearing ice cleats. It was so bad I ended up getting xrays because I was convinced I broke something. Not sure what the region is called but it was on the outside of my foot between my pinky toe and ankle. If you're going to throw with cleats on I strongly suggest standstill only throws and even then I don't think they are a good idea.

I almost 'niced' your post, but that sounds awful. Speedy recovery! After playing a few rounds in slick and also sloppy conditions, I don't want to end up in your condition. Even casually reaching for a disc on the creek can turn into a wicked slip and fall. Inclines are bad. Right now we have a slick layer of mud on top of semi-frozen ground.

I almost 'niced' your post, but that sounds awful. Speedy recovery! After playing a few rounds in slick and also sloppy conditions, I don't want to end up in your condition. Even casually reaching for a disc on the creek can turn into a wicked slip and fall. Inclines are bad. Right now we have a slick layer of mud on top of semi-frozen ground.

Thanks!

Haha if you would have niced my post I would have understood. I haven't played in about 2 weeks but its starting to feel better so one easy standstill round might be feasible this weekend. The timing could not have been worse because I just acquired a ton of new plastic I am jonesing to try out...

Probably same thing McBeth has been dealing with.
side-foot-pain-peroneal-tendonitis.jpg

Probably same thing McBeth has been dealing with.
side-foot-pain-peroneal-tendonitis.jpg

I almost snapped my peroneal tendon playing some rec league basketball in college. I "luckily" only broke a bone that connects to the tendon, which was a much easier recovery.

I've accepted that I'm not gonna get any meaningful field work in until it warms up. Putting practice and casual rounds/working angles on the course til Spring.