• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Thunderbird vs CD2

crd 81

Double Eagle Member
Which one:

Flies further?
Easier to shape lines with?
Easier to control?

In other words, what are the difference/similarities between these discs?

Lots of threads just search. Thunderbird is more stable less movement. Cd2 is straighter,neasier to throw for same distance or longer. I use the cd2 for hyzer flip to straight, almost flat for s curves, flat to slight anny for a nice long anny. Thunderbird I throw hyzers, straight to fade or power flex or flicks. They are different discs.

Lots of threads just search. Thunderbird is more stable less movement. Cd2 is straighter,neasier to throw for same distance or longer. I use the cd2 for hyzer flip to straight, almost flat for s curves, flat to slight anny for a nice long anny. Thunderbird I throw hyzers, straight to fade or power flex or flicks. They are different discs.

Thanks for the feedback. I did do some research prior to starting this thread. The information, however, is spread out in a couple of different threads and I was hoping to get it consolidated it to one thread, as well as get more of an in-depth comparison between the two.

I totally agree with everything said by the 6.5swede. The thunderbird is closer to the PD in my opinion. I bag several cd2s and PDs so I never felt the need for a thunderbird at my armspeed. 350ish max

Would you say that the CD2 is like a Viking and the Thunderbird is like a PD jr.?

I guess I have either been spoiled with good thunderbirds or cursed with less stable PD's. I have been throwing thunderbirds for 1 year and PDs for two months trying them. 2 s lines and a cline pd. C line has a nice fade but is nowhere near as stable as a thunderbird for me. I trust a thunderbird in the wind but not a pd, yet. Maybe it's blasphemy but not sold on the pd. Maybe I need to order an 8th run to try.

Which one:

Flies further? CD2
Easier to shape lines with? CD2
Easier to control? Thunderbird

In other words, what are the difference/similarities between these discs?

I don't find them to be very similar at all. I can hyzer flip the CD2 for nice straight lines in the woods. The Thunderbird won't turn over on me and has a pretty strong fade at the end.

im starting to wonder why I have never thrown a CD2.. time to try one.

I got one of the new s line CD 2s. It won't fly before Saturday but it sure feels nice. I throw thunderbird s also and the CD2 is less stable with more glide.

Latest posts