• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Well the PD comparison got put out their by people speculating before the disc was even released yet. Once Paul replaced his PDs with them it was wheels off. Its never been a good comparison. The FB comparison is really just an offshoot of the PD comparison. I'm inclined to agree with you, in that people seem disappointed because the disc doesn't do something it was never advertised for.

I hope to test light G* Thunderbirds this weekend. I could never get PDs up to speed so if the Thunderbird is a PD, I will be very disappointed. If, on the other hand, the Thunderbird is a longer seasoned DX Teebird, I will be one happy camper.

I am still surprised to hear that the Champ Thunderbirds fly similarly to the G* ThB. I have not seen any light Champs yet, though.

he was the last person to throw... no excuse for that BS shot' Watch wills shot and see a FB or OS PD was much better choice' other guys threw even faster discs it appears.

I remember watching live if he would trust to put enough hyzer on it cause I thought with that headwind it was a risky decision.

If you look where you want to miss also you don't want to miss where he did, crossing OB by the basket you still get a circle 3. Should have thrown the FB.

Pre proto?

how is that even a thing?

"Yeah, I've got these pre proto discs, they were the disc before they made the disc."

i got 3 10/10 best disc evar. disc of the year even. i say disc of the decade. the pre-protos fly even better than the protos. you wouldnt even know bro. i mean i have my 3 wall hangers but i have 4 in the bag. i dont know how anyone who calls themselves a dg'er plays without them

I remember watching live if he would trust to put enough hyzer on it cause I thought with that headwind it was a risky decision.

If you look where you want to miss also you don't want to miss where he did, crossing OB by the basket you still get a circle 3. Should have thrown the FB.

A firebird seems pretty risky to me. the shot needs to go straight for quite a while before fading into the green. I chalked it up to a combo of strong headwind and lack of practice, as he was using a different route earlier in the tournament.

he was the last person to throw... no excuse for that BS shot' Watch wills shot and see a FB or OS PD was much better choice' other guys threw even faster discs it appears.

I doubt Will threw either of those discs since he's on Prodigy. Whatever though. McBeth has been killing it with the Thunderbird ever since. He's got a yellow Champ I've seen him throwing a lot.

A firebird seems pretty risky to me. the shot needs to go straight for quite a while before fading into the green. I chalked it up to a combo of strong headwind and lack of practice, as he was using a different route earlier in the tournament.

No doubt the headwind holds it straight long enough, with his power? He threw it long right with the Thunderbird, FB was a perfect choice.

I hope to test light G* Thunderbirds this weekend. I could never get PDs up to speed so if the Thunderbird is a PD, I will be very disappointed. If, on the other hand, the Thunderbird is a longer seasoned DX Teebird, I will be one happy camper.

I am still surprised to hear that the Champ Thunderbirds fly similarly to the G* ThB. I have not seen any light Champs yet, though.

I wouldn't go so far to say it's a seasoned DX bird but it's much straighter than a PD. The Champs and Gstars are very similar in flight and the Stars I have are a tic more stable. Most shots I prefer the Star but I feel the Gstar is a good compliment and will shape different lines. I think you'll be happy with them.

Pre proto?

how is that even a thing?

"Yeah, I've got these pre proto discs, they were the disc before they made the disc."

They were the ones the team was given to test out and give feedback. There hadn't been a run yet except for these so technically these were the prototypes but yes I was talking about Proto stamp.

I might be the only person on earth who hasn't tried a Thunderbird. Is it essentially a firebird-l with more glide?

I have a sneaky suspicion this thing would be a forehand roller in my hands... lol

Last edited:
I got a gstar thunderbird last week. it is flat as a flitter. haven't thrown it yet. we've had some nasty weather lately.

it does remind me of a SOLF I had a while back.

QnTbho0.gif

#DiscOfTheYear

#BadForm #Biased #DiscOfTheYearForAReason #Your"Facts"AreWrong

Clearly some of you guys have never gone OB.

You only throw lasers and always stay inbounds during high stake competitions.

Latest posts