• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

I might be the only person on earth who hasn't tried a Thunderbird. Is it essentially a firebird-l with more glide?

I have a sneaky suspicion this thing would be a forehand roller in my hands... lol

Yeah, i felt the same way (or thought that). Numbers wise, sure....looks like it, but the feel of the ThunderBird and its flight, (that I got out of it) was just awesome. It's a disc you can trust, its not too flippy, not too stable, just something you can rip and know itll go straight with a lil fade at the end. You can count on it not turning over toooo much and also count on it coming back nicely.

I'm not a big Innova pusher but this disc is $

ill admit, i didnt get the message he was trying to convey with that post....

I think he means to say he just came over it a little, not enough hyzer for that shot. Bad throw not bad discs.

Also that MVP is for 850 recs that suck at disc golf. That's what I took out of it anyways. :D

I wouldn't go so far to say it's a seasoned DX bird but it's much straighter than a PD. The Champs and Gstars are very similar in flight and the Stars I have are a tic more stable. Most shots I prefer the Star but I feel the Gstar is a good compliment and will shape different lines. I think you'll be happy with them.

Sounds good - thanks for taking the time to describe. My order is slowly working its way here, but I still hope to toss Thunderbirds this weekend.

I must say I had a thunderbird related crisis this AM.

I ordered one a few weeks back. I know it was in the package as I fondled it a bit when it came in. I then placed it with all of the presents to be wrapped and delivered this AM from santa. I got all my other discs, even one FROM THE SAME ORDER.....but it was nowhere to be found. No time to tear the upstairs apart yet today...but that is on the list for this weekend.

The kicker is it was a pink 165 champ....with champs harder to get and light & pink being even harder...it may be a while till I find another.

Oh well, I guess our whole upstairs needed cleaned out.

I must say I had a thunderbird related crisis this AM.

I ordered one a few weeks back. I know it was in the package as I fondled it a bit when it came in. I then placed it with all of the presents to be wrapped and delivered this AM from santa. I got all my other discs, even one FROM THE SAME ORDER.....but it was nowhere to be found. No time to tear the upstairs apart yet today...but that is on the list for this weekend.

The kicker is it was a pink 165 champ....with champs harder to get and light & pink being even harder...it may be a while till I find another.

Oh well, I guess our whole upstairs needed cleaned out.

Hope you didn't wrap it! :eek:

Picked myself up an innova disc for the first time in a couple years, its called a Thunderbird. Champion 173g Aqua. Has some guys name on it too :) "McDonald" or something like that.. must mean its better right?

Looking for something to bridge the gap between my Rivals and Outlaws.. sometimes i need a touch more distance on my rivals with similar flight and without a huge rim for more control, hoping the Thunderbird is the answer.

I hope im not disappointed.

Picked myself up an innova disc for the first time in a couple years, its called a Thunderbird. Champion 173g Aqua. Has some guys name on it too :) "McDonald" or something like that.. must mean its better right?

Looking for something to bridge the gap between my Rivals and Outlaws.. sometimes i need a touch more distance on my rivals with similar flight and without a huge rim for more control, hoping the Thunderbird is the answer.

I ordered some for that very same spot, really hope they are as nice as I hear. Let us know your thoughts on how it measures up....

I'vebeen throwing one in this same slot. For me its slotted between the teebird aandthe destroyer. Distance wise it is perfect. More importantly when its just a little too windy for the teebird headwind wise the Thunderbird works perfect.

I think a PD works in this slot as well. I just personally prefer the slightly more control a Thunderbird has over the PD. It really feels like a perfectly seasoned PD for me.

Had another great day with the Thunderbird today. It did everything I asked of it. Most of my birdies this weekend were with the bird. I always play with friends that have yet to try the Thunderbird and when they do they always get hooked. I'm thinking I like the Star and Gstar the best. Champs are good but don't seem to have the glide and I'm not sure where they will be when broken in. My Gstars have a nice turn and hearty fade and the Stars are pretty straight with a soft fade. Good combo

How can i expect my Jolly Launcher Champion Aqua 173g to fly?

It should have a little turn and a soft fade on a full power rip. Basically end up straight ahead. That's been my experience. My Gstar turns a little more but has a more pronounced fade at the end than my champ and my Star is pretty straight even with a full power throw.

Do they not sell Thunderbird in star plastic anymore? All I'm finding are gstar and champ.

Pro shop is out of stock but I saw a couple here in the marketplace.

Latest posts