• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

I don't NEED another thunderbird....

Me neither brother. Here's my unused Thunderbird backup collection. 1 Glow Champion, 2 Luster Champion & 2 Star. All max weight.

I've got a max Luster Champion & a 166g Star (my main workhorse) in my bag.

If anything I'd like to get some more 165-166g Stars as backups.

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_191657.jpg
    IMG_20200201_191657.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 77
May God have mercy on my wallet if they ever release a Halo Star Sidewinder or Roadrunner, especially since these seem to be coming out more stable than regular Star.

Me neither brother. Here's my unused Thunderbird backup collection. 1 Glow Champion, 2 Luster Champion & 2 Star. All max weight.

I've got a max Luster Champion & a 166g Star (my main workhorse) in my bag.

If anything I'd like to get some more 165-166g Stars as backups.

167 Star and Gstar and 175 color glow here.

I've been a long time PD thrower, but I am intrigued by the thunderbird. I have read most of this thread, but wondering if there are any PD throwers that converted to the thunderbird. Mostly looking for a little more glide and the availability of Pro and Dx plastic piqued my interested. The PD not being made in P-plastic definitely has me leaning toward a switch. Maybe the arm is just getting too noodly for the PDs, but it seems they are more stable than years ago when I first started throwing them. Any converts that went back to the PD? Is the thunderbird stable enough in the wind in star plastic, which seems to be the most stable?

Don't know how of flies but my champ thunderbird isn't very os. Definitely still a fairway but it's nice. Like a longer os teebird. Still impressed with this disc despite so many newer discs out there.

I lost my only ever Thunderbird yesterday in the snow. A pretty perfect tee shot and it just seemed to vanish. I'll have to pick up another or 2. What's the deal with this Halo plastic? It looked sweet for the valks. More stable?

I've been a long time PD thrower, but I am intrigued by the thunderbird. I have read most of this thread, but wondering if there are any PD throwers that converted to the thunderbird. Mostly looking for a little more glide and the availability of Pro and Dx plastic piqued my interested. The PD not being made in P-plastic definitely has me leaning toward a switch. Maybe the arm is just getting too noodly for the PDs, but it seems they are more stable than years ago when I first started throwing them. Any converts that went back to the PD? Is the thunderbird stable enough in the wind in star plastic, which seems to be the most stable?

Max weight luster is the most OS thunderbird, in my experience, but I haven't tried a MF thunderbird yet. Luster thunderbirds are plenty OS to fight a little wind. Depending on your arm speed, they may fly like PDs with a little more glide, though.

Max weight luster is the most OS thunderbird, in my experience, but I haven't tried a MF thunderbird yet. Luster thunderbirds are plenty OS to fight a little wind. Depending on your arm speed, they may fly like PDs with a little more glide, though.

They're ready to fight more than a little wind. The Lusters are strong.

I threw PD's for about 3 or 4 years and have gone away from them in favor of the Thunderbird. For my throwing style, the Thunderbird is better in just about every facet when compared to the PD. Better glide, more controllable, more consistent from run to run and way cheaper than having to track down a 3rd run C-PD.

So champ is the way to go? The two star thundys I have are too overstable for that spot in my bag. My first star thundy was money, but these latest ones are basically beat sexy birds, which is fine, but not what I want out of a thunderbird.

My champion thunderbird is also very over stable. I am going to try pro plastic next...

So champ is the way to go? The two star thundys I have are too overstable for that spot in my bag. My first star thundy was money, but these latest ones are basically beat sexy birds, which is fine, but not what I want out of a thunderbird.

If you stumble upon a Halloween Star, get it. Not as overstable as stock Star, and not yucky Champion.

I've heard that champion is truer to the numbers.
Lately the Champs have been pretty beefy, the couple of stars I've bought in the last few months have been what I know Thunderbirds to be. But in a month, Innova, could make the pro's supremely overstable... Who knows.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts