• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Yeah. Mine is rock hard and never changes.

Who's the idiot that's been crying for the stiff star plastic? I'm not a fan of this stuff.

Yeah I don't like it either. I like being able to press my thumb easier into the flight plate for a tighter rip. Something between GStar and Star is my fave. It still holds it shape pretty well but I can get a better grip and rip. And my Star Thundy is a beefcake.

Yeah. Mine is rock hard and never changes.

Who's the idiot that's been crying for the stiff star plastic? I'm not a fan of this stuff.

Some Star is slick and actually oily in the heat. Gstar is the way to go, but lower weights can be pretty floppy. Some blend in between maybe? Innova?

Agree about the innnova star feeling a bit oily. I thought I was alone on that one. Big reason I love the triology stuff their star has more grip.

But all in all innova still has great plastics and the champ stuff still seems to be the best. Nothing like some champ with tac in it for warm weather play.

The gstar will start melting once it gets warm. Nice cold weather blend but you will need to find alternatives in the heat.

My G star must be weird, I throw light weight all year and it has never melt.
I like the original star release also, I use them when I want something a little less stable than my Firebird.

I wonder if that was like liquid steel, it just gathered itself back together into an even better T bird...once it cooled of course.

I agree. I've got about 20 G* Thunderbird's and they are all just fine in the heat. They stiffen up a little in extreme cold but from 40° on up they are about the same. Great plastic. The G* Thunderbird and Firebird are two of the best discs in my bag.

I agree. I've got about 20 G* Thunderbird's and they are all just fine in the heat. They stiffen up a little in extreme cold but from 40° on up they are about the same. Great plastic. The G* Thunderbird and Firebird are two of the best discs in my bag.

I second that! I have no problems throwing Gstar in the hot florida sun. But I am liking the champ thunderbird as well!

I like the original star release also, I use them when I want something a little less stable than my Firebird.

No, your gstar is not weird. I live in wisconsin. I have played on 95 degree days with extremely high humidity and the plastic was fine. As was the gstar that at least twenty of my buddies threw. What it is on here is that gstar wasn't exactly what the elitists(of which there are a lot of on here) didn't think gstar is what it should be so they talk ish. It's not founded. Most have no idea about plastic or injection molding (that's my job) so they are talking out their butt. There is so much misleading info on here. Ignore 90% of the haters on here. They're idiots begging for attention.

No, your gstar is not weird. I live in wisconsin. I have played on 95 degree days with extremely high humidity and the plastic was fine. As was the gstar that at least twenty of my buddies threw. What it is on here is that gstar wasn't exactly what the elitists(of which there are a lot of on here) didn't think gstar is what it should be so they talk ish. It's not founded. Most have no idea about plastic or injection molding (that's my job) so they are talking out their butt. There is so much misleading info on here. Ignore 90% of the haters on here. They're idiots begging for attention.

Agreed, I've never thought it too mushy in hot. If you like stiff discs I get that you won't like it. But guess what...they're labelled.

Plus you get a different stability than star and champ out of the box...a stability that 80%+ of disc golfers probably find much more usable in their discs for a lot of their molds.

It's funny, champ ThB fly "how they should" it seems. Gstar are more mellow. Star are apparently beefy (haven't thrown one). This is great, isn't it? They are all different and you have some idea of what you'll end up with beforehand.

Don't listen to this, he's probably being paid by innova. One of our most trusted members here had a gstar disc melt into liquid plastic on an 80 degree day.

GStar is alright to me, I actually like Pro better, sure I'd like Shimmer more too. I like medium-firm flex. I like stiff if it's grippy but many times it's just slick for premium stuff.

Anyways, Thundy in Pro. :D

GStar is alright to me, I actually like Pro better, sure I'd like Shimmer more too. I like medium-firm flex. I like stiff if it's grippy but many times it's just slick for premium stuff.

Anyways, Thundy in Pro. :D

Honestly, the star thunderbird I have is an absolute turd. It flies quite honestly almost exactly like my pfn Star Firebird after about a half years use. As a matter of fact with where my Firebird is now, it's longer and a little less stable than the thunderbird in a stiff wind. And, I can actually get a decent grIp on the firebird. I was not happy at all when I opened the package on that thunderbird let me tell you. I guess I have to find another new champ I like.

Don't listen to this, he's probably being paid by innova. One of our most trusted members here had a gstar disc melt into liquid plastic on an 80 degree day.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. The sarcasm almost eluded me. Bravo Ranger, bravo.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. The sarcasm almost eluded me. Bravo Ranger, bravo.

Mine did elude you. :p