• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ti Banger GT

If you feel like sampling other plastics on the banger z and cryztal sparkle flx are awesome. Esp you won't find too often and when you do it looks like a dog chew toy but they still want 30 bucks

Just got these beauties in the mail. Haven't thrown any of them yet. I have already decided that the orange & silver stamps are going to be my putters for this year. I have a blue Ti on the way also and that is going to be my thrower Banger. Not sure if I'm done scooping these up from the internet yet. Plastic feels great and I love the bright / metallic look. So happy I almost shed a tear. Been wanting high grade Bangers for a while now. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 29
Nice! I haven't stopped scooping them up yet either. I need to. The one in my bag had been used a ton from the pad and taken some full speed hits but it's still flying like the day I bought it. Maybe we will get lucky and they will take forever to season. I really like the reliable, albeit small, fade. Pairs well with a seasoned pro d.

^ I have a feeling these will hold their original flights for a long time. I have no worry that these will last as my putters through the year without any noticeable change in flight. Looking like I'll have 3 in my bag and I think another 3 as backups. Looks like I need to buy 2 more.

Right now I put with a Soft Magnet but it is pretty beat up and I am thinking about picking up a Banger and trying it out, the groove on top intrigues me but I am a fan of softer putters. My questions is how soft is the Titanium plastic? I haven't handled this plastic at all. Is it semi soft or comparable to any other brand of plastic I may have felt? Or should I just stick to a banger soft pro-d.

If you putt soft magnet the easiest transition would be to the soft x. Aside from the white pro d most of the colors are very hard. The ti is firm but flexible. It is very grippy. If you were to try to compare it to another plastic it is kind of like gold line. It doesnt feel like the traditional ti. Maybe someone on the forum has some insight as to what the blend is (esp+ti). I think banger has been putting with his. He would be a good person to ask.

I can only compare these Ti Bangers to the Ti Buzzz I had. The Ti Banger is much more flexible and grippy than that Ti Buzzz. These Bangers are not 'floppy' at all. I really have to force the disc to bend and flex around. I find them great for putting. Not as grippy as Soft X or Pro D but with my personal putting grip I could putt with Z plastic and it not be an issue. I really expect this pastic to look very similar at the end of 2015 as it does now. Plastic seems very durable and it looks awesome.

Tophman06, you think we'll see a Ti or ESP Banger in regular production in 2016?

They have a contract through November 2015 for Ledgestone. I would think that they will be regular production after that. Either plastic would be fine with me. We need to find out who to ask that could give us an accurate answer.

They have a contract through November 2015 for Ledgestone. I would think that they will be regular production after that. Either plastic would be fine with me. We need to find out who to ask that could give us an accurate answer.

The TD for the Ledgestone Open is the guy that chose the molds for Discraft to make in Ti as fundraisers. He is a sponsored Discraft player and uses a Banger. I had been sending emails to the Discraft website urging them to bring back the ESP Banger. I once got a response simply stated 'Probably'. :|

^ Yeah, I think I'm going to stop at 6. Just need to pick up 2 more. I've spent a lot during this off-season already.

Mine are all 173g+. I tend to not notice much of a difference in a disc within two grams. I have noticed that these Ti Bangers seem a touch faster than my Pro-D's.

My Ti Challenger is amazing, as overstable as I like yet has a nice amount of flexibility so it feels great. When it wears straighter I'll buy a banger for sure.

Mine all scaled 174 or 175. I don't notice much of a difference in putters within a few grams either but drivers are another story. They are definitely faster than the pro d. The Challenger is a great putter as well!

Latest posts