• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tips for shopping – how to get the most for you money

http://gdstour.com/facebook-special-offer-new-baskets/

I sent an email to Gateway Disc Sports ([email protected]) to inquire about the Portable Titan Pro 24 basket for $259.00. Includes 6 putters of your choice and a prototype Slayer. I wonder how much it will cost to ship it 500 miles? This seems like it will be a good deal. Does anyone have experience with the Titans? How do the compare to Mach III/Vs or DiscCatchers?

i'll summarize a bit

how to shop - make a list or spreadsheet. list the items you like --- price + shipping --- place that sells it. compare those three things until you settle on the cheapest/best path.

here are some suggests we've gotten
- DGCR marketplace - check the marketplace, search the forums or start a thread and have all questions answered
- Disc Golf Center - free shipping & pick exact stock item
- Prime Discs - cheap shipping
- check your local dealers and chains like mc sporting goods, dunhams, play it again sports, dicks etc...
- Everything Disc Golf - large selection, you get a coupon for 10% off next purchase, proper planning and there is no question you will save the most money here even though you pay shipping
- Gotta Go Gotta Throw - quick shipping, large bag selection, great reputation
the build your own dx/pro-d pack seems like a good deal if you get noob friendly discs
EDIT: and you can add a starter bag for 8 bucks
- Dynamic Discs - reputation for taking care of their customers
- Clearwater -
If you ask, they will ship in a mailer (instead of a box) for around $2.50 Plus, those guys really know their DG!
- Marshall Street - pick exact stock item. good place for natural beauties and hard to find discs. very personal service and popular on facebook.
- Disc Nation -
Is also good if you want it fast. I ordered a couple of disc from them and from the order time until it arrived on my doorstep was 2 days. That was with their regular shipping.
- Disc Golf Basket Store
- Amazon - it's possible they have a unique small company selling very cheap
- Google shopping link - it's possible they have a unique small company selling very cheap
- eBay (FeeBay) - if you want to go that route. search for best deals in lots by searching 'Disc Golf Lots'
- also check this

i want to buy a dyed disc but shop at a place where there is a lot of variety and I can see the exact disc i'm buying.
Disc Fly Mart may be a good place to start. where else?

i want to buy a basket.
Disc Golf Basket Store or call manufacturers and negotiate
As far as buying a basket, chain reaction disc golf will add a second set of chains to many of the baskets they sell for $20. Well worth it, considering the chains themselves would cost almost that much to buy.

i want to make a small purchase then later I will make a larger purchase.
you seem to get a 10% your next purchase coupon each time you buy something at Everything Disc Golf. the combination of a small purchase to get the coupon, then big purchase to use it could save you big bucks. especially if you get a few friends involved and place a monster order.

i want to buy discs in bulk.
call the manufacturer. gateway has a good reputation for this. some manufacturers run tournament specials.

i want to know of a place that I should always watch for rare deals.
keep an eye on your local Play It Again Sports. they will sometimes sell rare discs thinking they are regular discs.

i want misprints and x-outs.
for discraft misprints, head over to their site and follow their link to misprints.
for innova x-outs check out your local Play It Again Sports.
where is the best place to get those gateway misprints?

i want to buy discs in bulk.
call the manufacturer. gateway has a good reputation for this. some manufacturers run tournament specials.

i want misprints and x-outs.
for discraft misprints, head over to their site and follow their link to misprints.
for innova x-outs check out your local Play It Again Sports.
where is the best place to get those gateway misprints?

The best place to get anything in bulk (both stock and misprints/X-outs) from Gateway is to contact Dave McCormack directly.

Discraft Misprints Availble here: http://www.sportdiscs.com/misprints.html

Latest posts